First Visit Reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Visit Reactions

I'd like to start this thread, to reminisce on a special moment in most LDR relationships...
    the first visit reaction.

Tell us about it!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Well to start, I'll talk about my darling's first visit here.

He arrived at LAX airport and my phone died as I was waiting for him at the terminal, so I didn't read the message that said he was wearing a burgundy shirt so that I can spot him through the crowd.
    Customs took forever! I was pretty nervous, especially with a dead phone. I didn't have any way of communicating with him other than that.
    I started listening to some music on an Ipod I brought as backup, while I impatiently stood behind the barricade set up around the terminal exit area.
    That day I decided to wear a sleeveless dress, and as I stood there among the people waiting for their loved ones, I felt like I dressed too formally to wait for someone's arrival at the airport... But it was his first visit to see me.
    I wanted to make a good first impression!

It took him about an hour past arrival time, but as he walked towards the center of the terminal exit, I'm pretty sure I felt my heart skip a beat.
    I had to blink a few times, because it was a bit surreal to see someone in person whom you have spoken to through a computer for about 2 years.
    I put my stuff away, still feeling that surrealism around me.
    One of the things you probably don't think about when you meet the person you fell in love with online, is how tall they are compared to you, or the little details that can change in the sunlight, like his hair color, or how enchanting their eyes are when they are face to face with you.. It's a wave of emotions and excitement that take hold of you as you see them in person for the first time.

I didn't catch his attention at all (I think he was freaking out a bit, he was always looking down at his luggage. xD), and so I walked to the barricade exit before calling his name and waving excitedly. x3
    Honestly, my emotions got the better of me because I definitely ran up to him and gave him a huge hug! He was so awkward about it and wouldn't drop his luggage though! Dx
    I was so flustered about my initial reaction, and I think that it wasn't what he was expecting at all.. so we walked out of the terminal shyly, as I had one of his luggage bags rolling behind me and he had the other.
    As we walked on the airport sidewalk, I switched the luggage to my left hand, as he was to my right, and moved to hold his hand. Then I kinda wondered if that's what he wanted after the hug, and so I stopped.
    He noticed though, and offered to hold my hand! It was so sweet.. he just went for my hand, his fingers intertwining with mine as we looked up and smiled at one another... and so, we headed to the parking lot, making small talk about lunch, flights, and how happy we were to see one another in person.

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

I kinda think this thread might not take off, because a lot of people post about their first visits (if they've had one) in individual threads. However, as it's always fun to reminisce, I'll copy/paste my first meeting post.
      First time meeting
      So we finally met a couple days ago outside a mall here. We pulled up in a taxicab and he was waiting a ways away outside. I honestly could not tell if it was him or not. I cannot remember faces at all no matter how hard I try, so the only way I can recognize people is by things I remember about them. He wasn't wearing what I expected and I didn't expect him to already be there, but he had a backpack which I knew he would, so I got out of the car and just looked at him until he finally looked up from his phone. His face was like "ahh, finally," so I definitely knew it was him. My sister grabbed my phone to video and I ran to hug him. Our heads went the exact same way and hit each other, so it was rather clumsy lol. My knees were knocking .
      For like the first 30 minutes, I struggled to comprehend that it was actually him---he looked and sounded so different from video! His voice gets deeper when he's nervous, and his face looked backward. Plus, he wasn't just a blip on a screen anymore...he was a whole huge person.
      sigpic

Comment

I think this thread is a good idea (it also reminds me I didn't post about my first visit, nor about hers, haha. Then here we go)

It was in February, and I had a 3 hours flight from Paris-CDG to Helsinki-Vantaa, then a 9 hours flight to Seoul-Incheon. I was a little bit tired as I couldn't sleep in the plane, and I was very impatient to meet her. She was waiting for me at the terminal exit, and I had to take a shuttle in order to go there. Once the immigration stuff was done, I finally could go to the exit, and then I was looking for her ... and I didn't find her, even though she messaged me "Where are you ?" earlier. She actually saw me and I didn't see her, because she hid well, even though I was looking everywhere (but I was tired due to lack of sleep). Then I felt a little tap on my back, which was quite surprising me, but not too much as she likes to do stuff like this. Then we were hugging and kissing, before we went out to wait for the bus which took us to the district of Seoul where she lives.
        She was wearing a marine blue dress and a black coat, dressed comfortably but still elegant, and her smile meant everything.
        I met her parents about two hours later. Despite the language barrier, everything went really fine.

In July, her flight in Seoul-Incheon departed two hours late. "Luckily", it was a direct flight so no risk of missing a connection. I arrived at Paris-CDG around one hour and a half after the planned landing time, and waited for her during one hour, I was so impatient to meet her. Once I saw her, we were so happy to be able to start her one month stay. We went back home by train - she met my father who picked us up at the station, then my mother the next day since she arrived late. Everything went really well and we're happy to get along with each other's family.

Comment

Me and my bae met in NYC on 29th of july 2016.
          I was on a trip to USA with my family just for vacation and fun, and then we thought that we could actually meet, so we planned it, n days later, he came to NYC by bus for 4 HRS and then i told him which hotel im in and which room.
          Then he came to me n it was so cute, we hugged tight and kissed and played around, my fav day <3 WE WERE SO SHY And nervous. >o<

Comment

We met in person, but my first visit to him (about two months after we first met) I had told him the wrong time so he was a little late. And I was I think really high on some love hormones because I was like, I dont speak the language and I dont know where we will stay, but everything will be fine. My emergency plan was to get a hotel. But then he arrived. I remember I was very thirsty (this was before I got into the habit of constantly drinking on my travels) and we had to get me a drink at a place nearby. He looked very energetic, like a puppy. I had to look at him and touch him a bit, it was strange without the screen and he looked very short and very Arabic and it was strange to smell him. But then I felt his hands and his face in our first kiss and I was like: Yes. This is the guy. Then we had a very strange and sexually charged bus ride (a public bus, not an airport bus) while an old lady stared at us and he only dared to hold my hand. I held on to that hand! Then the bus dropped us of in the middle of the intersection, we got some crackers and then I arrived to the flat and my own birthday party! I was fed and pampered and asked nosy questions. I think someone touched my hair... I still had only had that one kiss. I was like, I have no idea what people are saying, except merhaba and guzel, please hold my hand! Some hours later, most of the people left and I was like: thank you for a very Turkish experience. Am I allowed to kiss you?  I stayed five days on that first visit. His mates were super sweet and gave us the biggest room and I brought them Swedish vodka!

His visit to me was at first a disaster. He is not an experienced traveller. He had not printed his return tickets, so the capital airport police detained him for two hours, making him loose his transfer. I had to buy him another plane ticket from the capital to me, and mail his return tickets to the airport so they could print it there and ok him on the plane. I could not belive he had acted so foolishly. I was scared and angry. For a while I thought they would just send him home. It turned out that he had travelled almost without eating and he also had a cold, and he had travelled by bus the previous night from his home town to catch the plane. He also travelled with little money. So I told myself, he is a fool but he loves you (like the Roxette song). Go get him. When I finally met him four hours overdue, he was so exhausted he almost fell into my arms. My anger melted away and I just wanted to feed him and take him home. By that time we had dated 1,5 years. I told him, love, I am just happy you are fine. And I felt blessed that he had made it. He warmed up quickly and had a great time visiting. He stayed a month and my sweetest memory was taking him to see the fjords
            Last edited by differentcountries; August 23, 2017, 07:14 AM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We met in person a few years ago after being LD for nearly 2 years. The thought of it always makes me smile

It was my first time flying international so I wasn't too sure what to expect. My SO and I agreed that we wouldn't text or call a few days before we met because we felt it would be more special (plus, the total time of travel was about 22 hours, so we hadn't talked for a bit) Anyway, I was so nervous the whole flight to Sydney. When we landed, I checked my phone and I had all these sweet messages from him. From there, I went to customs and waited for what seemed like forever. After I got through customs, I had to wait and find my bag. While I was waiting, I texted my SO telling him that I might be awhile. He told me to take my time and that he was already at the airport and had been for a few hours (I guess he was anxious and excited as well!)

When I got my bag and went through quarantine, I was able to go to the pick-up area. I walked out and was super nervous. I wasn't sure where he was waiting, so I just looked around as I was walking. I actually saw his mom first (she came with him to meet me) and then I saw him with a rose and ran up to him while still holding my bags. I just ran into his arms and gave him the biggest hug! Ah it was the best feeling ever. We just hugged each other tightly and tried not to cry. Near the end, he pulled back and said, "Wow, you're shorter than I thought." The funny thing with his comment is that we would always talk about our height while LD. I assured him multiple times that I was indeed shorter than him, but he didn't realise how short I actually was compared to him lol.

It was a great first time meeting. I'll always be able to cherish that memory because his mom recorded it. She was able to get our reactions when seeing each other for the first time in person, so that memory will always be special to me <3 We're going to play the video at our wedding so friends and family can see it

Comment

Working...
              X