Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while...

Hey everyone!

It's been such a long time since I've been active on here. My sweetheart and I are still very much together, and happier than ever. We hit some minor bumps in the road back in December and were temporarily broken up for 4 days. Long story short, he allowed the the uncertainty of the Navy as well as his past get into his head and he got scared. We worked through our fears and concerns and are now stronger than ever!

On July 7th, 2017, Jeffrey PROPOSED! He graduated A school on July 6th, and I unfortunately couldn't attend because I was on vacation with my family down in North Carolina. Unbeknownst to me, Jeffrey coordinated with my parents weeks prior, and drove through the night, a whole 12 hours, down to North Carolina to surprise me. He arrived Friday morning on the 7th, and later that evening we went mini-golfing at the place where we had our 3 month dating "anniversary" date on our first vacation together. That is where he dropped to a knee and asked me to be his wife! Of course, I SAID YES! We are planning a May 2018 wedding!

On top of good news is better news. Once we found out back in May that Jeffrey was staying up in Groton for his first duty station, I began my job hunt to relocate. It took nearly all summer, and some heartbreak, but I finally scored a position with an agency in Providence, Rhode Island about 45 minutes away from Groton. We have secured an apartment and on August 31st, 2017, I WILL FINALLY BE MOVING TO BE WITH MY FIANCE! After 2.5 years of long distance, we will FINALLY be living together you guys! The distance is finally closing! We are so happy! It's been such a long struggle, with lots of pain and doubts, but we persevered and survived! I know the military life will bring its own set of new challenges, especially with him being on a submarine, but I firmly believe our love with overcome all!

Here's to new beginnings! For those of you who are still patiently waiting to be with your loved one, don't give up. Fight for what you love and your time will come!
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
    Cherie & Jeffrey
    Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
    Engaged: 7/7/2017
    Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
    MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
    Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
    Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Congratulations so happy for you

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you

Comment

Wow, a big congratulations! So happy for you!
        All the best for your futures.
        Met Online: 1998
        Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
        SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Wow, this is a great story! Nice to hear and that everything is going so wel. Congratulations!
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

This is such a beautiful story!! So happy for you, and wishing you two well as you close the distance and start your happily ever after!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

Thank you so much!
              [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
              Cherie & Jeffrey
              Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
              Engaged: 7/7/2017
              Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
              MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
              Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
              Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment