New at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New at this

My bf and I have been together since last August. We are both from Southern CA. I am 58, and he is 61. Since I met him, he has always traveled for work. He does construction and works in nuclear power plants. Less than one month at a time, usually 2-3 weeks he is away.
    He is now in NY, near Manhattan. He plans on staying until next summer sometime.
    He is there because it is an excellent job, more money than he can make here in Southern CA.
    When he returns, we plan on getting a place together.

However, it has only been about ten days that he is gone and I really don't know if I can make it.

The time zones are a killer. He works 6 am - 6 pm 6 days a week. So when I get up in Southern CA at 6 am, he is at work. When I get home from work at 7 pm, he is fast asleep.
    When he is in Southern CA, we spend a lot of time together.
    Thanks for adding me.

Melissa

Hi Melissa, welcome to LFAD! Being LD does take some time to adjust to, you have to switch everything around and compromise a bit, but you can totally do this. It might take a little while to get used to, but you will fall into a routine, so don't think about throwing in the towel so soon Read through the threads here, it'll give you a ton of different ideas and ways to get through the time apart.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X