Anxiety close to first meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety close to first meeting

Hi I've been taking to this woman I met online for 3 months now and we are 24 days ash from hr coming to visit me
    I'm getting a little anxious about it and overthink every conversation we have.
    This week we have spoke on the phone every single day, but we barely texted today she was only but didn't see or reply to my last messages. And I hate that it made me feel something it's wrong but I know I'm over reacting.
    And I know is going to get worst as we get closer to the day of her visit
    Do you know a way to deal with this? I don't really want to talk to her because I don't want her to think I'm this insecure

Here is advice from my own experience that I offer to folks who get caught up in waiting for the next text from their partner:

Are you a student? If yes, go to school. Focus on school.
    Are you gainfully employed? If yes, go to work and be present at work.
    Have friends? If yes, spend time with them. Enjoy yourself.
    Have hobbies? If yes, spend time on your hobbies.
    Have family? If yes, spend time with them.
    Have interests? If yes, spend time on those things you are interested in.
    Have internet? Read about the stages of relationships so that you will be knowledgeable about how relationships grow.
    Exercised today? If not, go for a walk or jog or bike ride. Get active.
    If you answered no to all of the above, change your life so that you can answer yes to some of these things.

Be a whole person so that you can be a whole person in a relationship. Become a priority and have a great relationship with yourself. Do not rely on your partner to complete you. Be a complete person whose partner is a positive addition to your life.

Comment

Hello

I can remember having the same experience leading up to the first meeting with my partner. I was overthinking everything! I think that this is normal before a visit - especially before the first visit! I found that exercise helped me - if I was having a rough time - I would get out and run, or hike, or swim...or anything! Also I like to be creative so drawing and writing helped me. I kept a journal also which I found helped me.

I didn't really talk to my partner about it either, because I hadn't yet met him 'in real life' and I knew that normally I wasn't this insecure or worried, and at this stage of the relationship I didn't know how to really talk to him about it. Of course now, two years later I can laugh about it and tell him everything that I was feeling before that first visit...but I do remember just how difficult that time was for me right before the visit. Good luck!

Comment

She might have been busy, getting ready for her visit to you, instead of looking at her messages. Believe that everything is going to be fine. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
        X