Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice

Hey guys,

Desperately need some advice with regards to helping my fiancée get here.

Some background info first, I am British and she is Mexican. We have been together nearly three years and I recently made our relationship serious by getting engaged to her . We have the most fantastic chemistry and could have quite easily known eachother for years. We are both serious about our future together and are really flexible about how we will end up closing the distance.

That being said, we have ran into a slight challenge with regards to short term visits . I have travelled to Mexico so far on a couple of occasions with relative ease. This is largely in part to being eligible for the visa esta scheme which allows me the pick of the bunch from airlines and routes into Mexico.

However, obvously being a Mexican national, my fiancée would need a transit visa to pass through the US. As she has to do the application herself it is extremely costly for her plus she has to travel for an interview, the venue of which is nowehere near where she lives .

As a transit visa is not really a viable option we are really limited in terms of airline choice and route choice. These are looking to be quite pricey too.

Do any of you guys have experience with travelling to Mexico direct or on an alt route? If so, is there any tricks you guys can offer which will open up some more options for us?

Much appreciated guys

Well depends where in Mexico and where to UK but if you are flexible then check the one that makes the most sense to you. You can filter out the transit places on websites like skyscanner etc. would check out Thomson travels and other holiday flights as well. Delta seems to fly straight to uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
      Well depends where in Mexico and where to UK but if you are flexible then check the one that makes the most sense to you. You can filter out the transit places on websites like skyscanner etc. would check out Thomson travels and other holiday flights as well. Delta seems to fly straight to uk.
      Hello Rezie,

Many thanks for responding to my post

She lives near Guadalajara and she would be travelling to London Heathrow. I know some of the major routes like Cancun can travel straight to UK and my brother recently had a direct flight to Puerto Vallarta. Would these be viable options to choose?

The last time I visited I went through Mexico City and this was via AeroMexico. Would it be best to purchase two seperate tickets for a stopover, or is there a direct flight I can purchase?

Kind regards,

Matt

Comment

Hola!

There do seem to be some flights from GDL to some airports in London, especially London Heathrow. I found this out just looking on Google flights.
        You have to consider the dates of your flight, I found a flight for $730 or so for a week. Unfortunately, I didn't see any flights that was nonstop.
        I'm hoping you are able to find something using the method Rezie pointed out.

Wishing you "Buena suerte" in your LDR as you look to closing the distance!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

If she could get to Mexico City, she would have a ton of direct flight options at her disposal. I know it's like a 6 hour drive. But, perhaps she can find a cheap, quick flight from Guadalajara to Mexico City.

I personally am driving about the same distance to catch my transatlantic flight as well...not for Visa reasons, but I just wanted to take a direct flight, and the nearest direct flight was 5-6 hours away...so it was a trade-off for me.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X