• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with jealousy 😔☹

Hi guys,
    I'm back here
    Again I need ur opinions and advice.
    This time about jealousy, maybe some of u have read my previous post about my SO and his sweetheart friend.
    After their meeting second time last month and all the social media scandal .
    We had spoken openly about this matters.he explain to me everything about her and why he has a soft spot for her.
    She has some weird health problem and she's kida socially awkward and very shy thats why he care for her in a friendly way.
    I've tried to explain my insecurities to him and this jealousy things and how I'm so disturbed when he called her his sweetheart friend infront of me but still in his point of view its all bullshit, cos they r just friend and nothing more. And even the other day he said she likes someone in her college.
    The thing is now they r kinda getting more close, like chatting everyday or maybe once in two days eventho only a few conversations (he sent the screenshoot to me ) and now they r start talking on the phone not everyday tho. And he explained also why they do that cos he is trying to help her out of her shyness and she do that also with her few close friends.
    Now the problem is he don't want me to be jealous but he doesn't even help me at all, its like his purpose to make me jealous, he told me about when they will talk on the phone or when last time the chat.
    Purposely and when I feel its too much he will get irritated and start ranting that what I feel is really irrational cos I know they r only friend n for him its super normal, cos at the end of the day he still makes me his priority and he said to trust him fully.

But still for me if I heard about it or knowing about them its kinda hurt me n I start getting jealous and have a little doubt.

I'm very much open for any kind of advices and opinions cos this feelingvis really makes me frustated and sometimes its very tiring.

And again this is my very firts relationship and its LDR so. Im kinda clueless

Thanks before 

On one hand, if you communicated him calling her sweetheart and informing you of every action they do together bothers you and he stills does it, either there's some miscommunication happening or there's a major difference in perspective. Have you shared an "alternate reality" where these same things are happening with you and a guy friend? Maybe he'll understand your perspective a little better.

On the other hand, sometimes these things are a chess match... There's also an alternative solution to opening up and connecting with her too! If you get along with your significant other well and have a lot in common, and your SO connects with this friend, maybe the three of you have more in common than you perceive. These are just random thoughts though. It's always good to see multiple perspectives.

Comment

Hi VividMind9 thanks for replying.
      I tried alternate reality n his answered was its okay for him as long as he is only friend and he trust me and we make a deal to be honest with everything .
      For connecting with her I don't think it will work out now cos our relationship still a secret and they shared mutuals friends also.
      And why he called her his sweetheart also because of me, I said she is such a sweetheart.

Comment

SimplyComplicated,

Do you have your own friends that you socialize with? If not, I encourage you to get out there and work on having your own social network. Have the two of you established trust in the relationship where you feel like you can trust him? If so, then jealousy may be an issue that you need to work on and it may be more about your own insecurities than his actions. That may be something to consider.

Comment

Working...
        X