Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent Visa success rates

Hello all,
    decided to get a bit of a text pole happening as my SO and I are close to lodging our Visa aiming for PR for my partner into Australia.

Just interested in hearing your success stories with this from and to any country and your situation.
    We are applying after a year of being together, 9 months after meeting for the first time in person, but we've been friends online for 19 years before we got together.
    We just want to be together; We have the best relationship we've ever experienced with anyone. We have an immigration Lawyer helping us, and unlike before when I was stressing, I'm feeling rather confident about it now. We've both done stacks of research on our own and feel we have this. My SO will be coming for three weeks next month, moving some of his stuff across, and then moving in from January.

What about you? Are you or were you in a similar situation? Anyone about to apply like me? Just curious.
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Originally posted by rache82 View Post
    Hello all,
    decided to get a bit of a text pole happening as my SO and I are close to lodging our Visa aiming for PR for my partner into Australia.

Just interested in hearing your success stories with this from and to any country and your situation.
    We are applying after a year of being together, 9 months after meeting for the first time in person, but we've been friends online for 19 years before we got together.
    We just want to be together; We have the best relationship we've ever experienced with anyone. We have an immigration Lawyer helping us, and unlike before when I was stressing, I'm feeling rather confident about it now. We've both done stacks of research on our own and feel we have this. My SO will be coming for three weeks next month, moving some of his stuff across, and then moving in from January.

What about you? Are you or were you in a similar situation? Anyone about to apply like me? Just curious.
    That's great news, congratulations! Which immigration lawyers are you currently using?

Comment

I'm nervous about things like this, because I don't make enough at my current job to get my SO here, and it seems like most good paying jobs here want a degree.
      It would be The Netherlands => USA. If anyone has success stories in this regard, I'd like to hear them out for encouragement.
      Thank you.

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

Thanks so much. We are using Nevet Lawyers in Melbourne.
        Met Online: 1998
        Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
        SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

I'm really happy for you. I'm actually wanting to stay with my best friend of 5 years in AUS for a couple of months and currently using the James Freeman Emigration lawyers, hopefully it'll smoothly just like yours!
          Thank you for sharing.

Comment

We are slowly moving towards being able to close the distance. I need to finalize my divorce settlement and also get a full time job. He has a full time job where he lives so theoretically I could move there if/when we marry, but we both prefer for him to move here. Once I get a new job we can start to plan in detail.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think it is uplifting to hear success stories, especially if you are waiting for yours and nothing seems to be happening. So here is ours:

After we got married in March 2017 my husband had to fly home and apply for a family reunification visa. Since we needed some more detailed information first (I wanted to consult a lawyer), a month passed until he even booked his appointment with the consulate. They had a waiting period of 1.5 months at that time so he was only able to apply for the visa in the middle of June.
              We were told the processing would take 2-3 months. Those months came and went by. I could only get conflicting and very vague information from the authorities here that had to process the application. Since the refugee crisis, my country has to deal with a lot more of these visa applications and they just don't have enough people to work all those cases. It was extremely frustrating.
              Two weeks ago I called once again and finally heard that the application had now been registered on their system and I would soon receive a letter asking for some additional paper work. From then on things went really fast: Three days after my call I had the letter on a friday. The following monday I handed in the requested documents and on wednesday my husband received the call that his visa was granted!
              All in all from the time of application it took 19 weeks.
              On monday we are closing the distance and are so excited!

Met: 2006
              Started talking again online: October 2011
              Started "dating": 02/02/2012
              First meeting: July 2012 (6 weeks me to him)
              Second meeting: Christmas 2012 (8 weeks him to me)
              Third meeting: August 2013 (5 weeks me to him)
              Fourth meeting: July 2014 (3 weeks him to me)
              Fifth meeting: New Year's Eve 2014 (8 weeks him to me)
              Sixth meeting: July 2015 (11 weeks him to me)
              Seventh meeting: July 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
              Eigth meeting and getting married: December 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
              Closing the distance almost two years later than we had hoped on November 6th 2017

Comment

Working...
              X