He doesnt want to meet me? or he does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesnt want to meet me? or he does?

Hello to everyone! I come here to find support and advices.And maybe your look from distance will help me to understand.

Our relationships started almost two years ago.I am 33 years old woman and he is 39 years old man, divorced and has two kids from previous relationship. We felt closeness right from the beginning.In time he started to talk about meeting each other,and of course i didnt mind.But considering that we live far from each other it wasnt so easy. I have to notice that for him to come to my country is much easier, than for me to come to his, due to difficulties of getting visa and etc.I never insisted for him to come to my place, cause I understood its very far and might cost a lot. But we didnt give up and were waiting for a chance. And in January such chance appeared. Me and my very good friend and co worker ( girl) went for a short trip to city which was much easier and closer for him to come .I told him and he was very happy that finally it will happen. But almost couple days before trip he texted me that he cant come because of work. Of course I was upset but totally understood it. The second chance appeared in few months , but it was created one,i tried so hard to arrange it this time. We set place, time. I took a loan to have enough money to go to those city, I spent 28 hours in train to get there and again was so excited to meet him. Once or twice this time he noticed (between the lines) that so far for him to go and expensive but I worth it . I didnt pay attention to his words at those time. And right before everything was ready, and we were about to meet , we had a little fight, dont even remember what was it about, but he took it seriously and said he will not come to meet me cause i offended him or smth like that. I was devastated and shocked. I went to trip anyway , because the tickets were bought and hotel booked.After I came back home, he texted me with words how stupid he was, that he loves me so much and I have to forgive him and give him one more chance to prove his love. And I gave up and told him yes. In august we decided to try to meet again , and he swore that he will do anything this time to meet me and will not waste the chance. But I didnt believe him this time. But was curious to hear the excuses. And the next morning excuses were ready. He said he checked flights and ticket to the city we dealed to meet in( from London to Odessa (Ukraine)) costs around 2000 british pounds and of course its very expensive. And he said that it would be much easier for me to make a biometric passport ,which will allow me to go to EU and meet him there. And I said ok. But same time checked if the price he told me is real.So I just googled it and saw that prices starts from 150 british pounds.So he lied again. I made a screenshot of prices and sent to him.He said that i shouldnt check after him and trust him,but he couldnt explain why his price appeared so high.He just avoided answer.
    I want also add ,that during all the time we know each other,he traveled with kids almost every couple months to different countries( sending me pictures) , and again going to take them to Africa for safari in december. I do understand that such trips are not cheap of course.So I assume he has money . So the question is, what is this all about? Is it all about money, that its really expensive for him to come to meet me? Or he is just waiting for me to come to his country and knock to his door? . Cause I dont understand. Every time I ask him about all this, he swears he loves me and im the only one he wants to be with and etc. Im confused. Need your advices. what should i do?

I'm sorry this happened to you and you had to spend lots of money.
    From my point of view he don't want to meet in person or is hiding something from you.
    One time I think it's possible I can understand (even though if my SO tell me she will come and then she don't I'll be pretty upset and probably end it there) but three times? I honk you should move on and find someone that is really interested in meeting you.
    What you can do is give him one last chance (even though I wouldn't) and tell him that if he doesn't meet you you will move on because you don't want to have an online relationship

Comment

Thank you for your opinion.And yes, I guess its so obvious that he doesn't love me and as you said hiding smth from me,but I have put so many efforts into this relationships,that I think my mind and heart just refuse to admit the truth...

Comment

I know it's hard
        But it's better to accept it now than invest more into this.
        Have you look him up in internet? Do you know if he is real? Maybe he is real but it's still married?
        There is a reason why he is not making the effort.
        I'm guessing you are from Odessa and he is from London... let's be honest is not that of a expensive trip and not that long either. You can find a way maybe to meetin Kiev if he wanted to.

Comment

Perhaps it is about money. Clear communication will probably sort all of this out. I would not assume that he has the money. However, I would not continue to make expensive trips to simply be stood up either. Try to talk with him and sort out exactly where the two of you are.

Comment

My first wife is from Vinnitsya, I am from The Netherlands. That was a flight Amsterdam - Kiev. The tickets cost me (14 years ago) about € 450. But I was flying KLM, and that is expensive. I could have had cheaper tickets, but I like some service. But € 2,000? No way, unless he is flying with Emirates or something, and then via Abu Dhabi... So I don't believe that a ticket London - Kiev or London - Odessa for that matter is that expensive.
            Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Yes,during the time we know each other, we did chat through skype and i saw him.But it has always been more like at times,that were comfortable for him.Thats when i started suspected that he might hide smth from me, his possible wife or girlfriend.But every time i asked him about it, he said that he is tired of this question and i should trust him.In other words he just avoids honest conversation.
              I think i just dived too deep into this situation and just dont see obvious facts.

Comment

Well, if he outright refuses to answer a direct question, that's an answer too, in my opinion. I don't want to depress you, but I would do some very deep research to him.

Comment

Yes, thats what i really want to know, to find out the truth about him and what is he hiding from me.But i have no idea how to do it,since im so far from him.Maybe you could give me some hints?

Comment

If you know his full name and where he lives you can try to search him on internet, Facebook or whenever

Comment

Originally posted by Onlineguy84 View Post
                      If you know his full name and where he lives you can try to search him on internet, Facebook or whenever
                      Yes, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, SnapChat... That kind of sites.

Comment

All i know is just his name, i dont even know his exact address.I do have his facebook page,but no important information there, among friends just me and few more people.And i also know ( according to his words) he works for NHS.Thats i guess all i know.

Comment

Originally posted by yana View Post
                          All i know is just his name, i dont even know his exact address.I do have his facebook page,but no important information there, among friends just me and few more people.And i also know ( according to his words) he works for NHS.Thats i guess all i know.
                          After two years of dating you should know far more than just that...

Comment

I think i am too naive person, even considering that im 32 years old.I didnt want to push on him and thought that everything he would wanted me to know, he would tell me.I know how it sounds, and i have nobody to blame now for the situation i am.

Comment

Traveling to EU with your biometric passport, that was funny Pay money to get a passport, pay several hundred euros to go to somewhere in EU because you can't directly go to the UK and then be stranded there alone because he comes up with an excuse the day before. Would be fun.

And if you went to his country, somehow, he'd say that he's gone out of the city and not let you in. Or make meet you at some place entirely different.

But seriously, that's such a huge red flag, he's literally letting you pay for things and THEN making excuses right before it.

Either way, the reasons don't matter. He is just messing with you. Leave him. He doesn't share his information, he doesn't want to meet you. It all sounds like you are some "online side chick" he's hiding. You deserve way way better!

Comment

Working...
                              X