No announcement yet.

How was your first meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly how you feel. Before me and my boyfriend met for the first time (which was 3 weeks ago) I was going through the motions of emotions and doubts. I even put a thread up here to gain some advice and help to deal with it which it did majorly .The panic of wether the online romance and feeling will transend to real life is unbearable and it can put a damper and strain on things.
    Luckily for me meeting in person was the best thing ever. We first met online and after a few months we began to up our communication to calls and video chats. After that it became second nature to chat/call and video chat almost every day which we still do. We were both pretty eager to meet so I decided i would visit him so our first meeting was when he picked me up at the airport after a 15hour flight (I was a bit worse for wear when landed but he didn't even care even tho i was panicking) I can honestly say when I first laid eyes on him any doubt or lingering bad feeling I had instantly died. I totally fell for him all over again:-)
    On the plane journey we kept in contact and the whole time I was travelling my heart was bursting out my chest with excitement and with nerves. But once we met and were driving to get food I felt totally at ease in his company like we had been doing this for years. When we reached Taco bell for food (classy I know lol) I hugged him and kissed him I couldn't hold back any longer just being physically in his presence made me so happy plus it made him blush which was cute AF! Lol
    We spent my first day there chowing down on some Taco Bell and chilling on the couch watching movies. It was nerve racking at first but we soon settled to one another and even got some cuddles going:-) and from then on the rest of my visit was filled with spending our time exploring, doing touristy stuff and getting to know each other even more. He is now visiting me in less than two months and I cannot wait to see him again :-)
    So my advice to you is the advice I was given too. Try not to focus too much on the nitty gritty details of the relationship, just be happy you guys have each other and focus on getting to really know each other and when you guys finally meet you will know if its ment to be :-)
    When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Comment

Oh, big chance.
      We started speaking online 19 years ago but didn't actually meet in person til June of this year (2017). Our love for each other just grew.
      Before our second meeting in October, we decided we were going to close the distance earlier than we had originally thought because it turned out that his current rent was going up for the second time, so he'll be coming to live with me next month, in the midst of preparing to lodge the PP Visa etc.

Anyway, you said you liked long storys which is the reason I mentioned all that, but all that to say that chances are very high of you getting along in person, but at the end of the day, of course the only way to find out, is to meet.
      So wishing you the very best of luck.
      Met Online: 1998
      Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
      SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

With my current SO, our first meeting went like this :

-Jumping in each others arms at the airport, impossible to stop kissing.
        -We lived togethers during all my stay.
        -When she brought me to her parent home, they adopted me on the spot. First meeting with your familly in law is usually stressfull, in my case, i was like part of the familly after 10mn haha
        -At the time of leaving, lots of tears and cry.

Comment

The first meeting of my lady and me might just have been postponed, due to the possibility of her going to work abroad for 2 years... I'm sad.
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
            The first meeting of my lady and me might just have been postponed, due to the possibility of her going to work abroad for 2 years... I'm sad.
            Why can't you meet her abroad?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
              Why can't you meet her abroad?
              To be honest, I didn't think of that possibility. It might be a good idea. I'll propose that to her. If it's possible, because she'll probably be working as an au-pair... I'll ask if that is a possibility. Tnx.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
                To be honest, I didn't think of that possibility. It might be a good idea. I'll propose that to her. If it's possible, because she'll probably be working as an au-pair... I'll ask if that is a possibility. Tnx.
                If you don't mind me asking, where is she moving to? It might be an easier country to approach even and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to visit on a tourist visa.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
                  If you don't mind me asking, where is she moving to? It might be an easier country to approach even and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to visit on a tourist visa.
                  That has yet to be decided. She's just very much on the thought and I did ask her where she'd like to go. She said 'anywhere'... Well, it can almost only be more close... Let's hope all is going well. I'm a bit nervous.

Comment

I also want to share our first meeting.
                    We met online through a dating site. Were talking for 2 months then we decided to be exclusive and give it a try. After 5 months he visited!
                    He didn't want me to pick him up from the airport and the only reason was he thought, he would be smelling bad after almost 24 hrs of flight from US to the Philippines. (Tbh, No he doesn't smell bad. He visited 6 times now and I've been picking him up from the airport)
                    Anyway, I went to the hotel where he will be staying. I was really anxious when I knocked on his hotel door. Lol A passionate kiss and fierce hug. I stayed with him for the duration of his stay (3 weeks). On our first day, we mainly stay at the hotel. Eating, swimming...talking.. he requested to meet my family on the 3rd day and everything was great!
                    Have you met him?
                    How was yours?

Comment

Hello everyone

I've been reading on the threads for a while but this is my first post. I love reading 1st meet stories; they are so special. My husband and I have been married since August 10, 2017. He lives in Iraq and I live in the United States, we are in the wait game called immigration right now and it is hard. Anyways, here is our story:

Started chatting through Facebook in a platonic way in early March 2017. Neither of us have ever been in an LDR before this. It got very real and exclusive quickly ❤ By May we had purchased tickets for me to travel to northern Iraq from Massachusetts for a 3 week stay. We wanted to get married while i was there. I traveled with his wedding ring on a necklace around my neck and he did the same. Travel was soo exciting,but to be honest the whole weeks beforehand of prep was exciting too.

I was so nervous that I was going to a country that people do not truly understand and have preconceived notions about as well. Most of all i worried about the chemistry translation as well. Would he feel the same way about me physically as i knew he felt emotionally/spiritually? We kept in contact through video chat messenger and regular text and voice call, so keeping in touch through every step of the journey was helpful to my anxiety but also built it up as well. Does that make sense, we were soo excited. My flight path was Boston to JFK short 2 hour or so layover, JFK to Doha/Qatar 8 hour layover, and finally Doha to Erbil/Kurdistan(northern Iraq).

The 8 hour layover was great. I stayed in the woman's section of the spa where i could relax in the hot tub, take a short nap, took a shower, got my nails done and did normal first date prep i guess hahaha. I had everything planned, i knew exactly how i wanted to look when i finally saw him in person. I felt beautfiul. The prep also helped pass the time and keep my nervous anxiety at bay to a point. I was going to see my future husband and my heart and mind were just....soaring.

At the airport in Erbil only passengers and employees can approach the terminals. You get off the plane, go through customs, take your baggage through a couple security points and head to the front for what looks like a city bus. I don't speak arabic so i wasnt 100 percent sure it was right but i had prepared for months and everything we read said that this was the right procedure.

You get off the bus a mile or two away at some building where you enter and go through another security to what i would describe as arrivals(where you get picked up). The doors slid open and my heart was pounding in my chest as i slowly looked around for those deep brown eyes. The place was busy but then all of a sudden it all faded. There he was, tall, handsome man with tjose deep brown eyes walking quickly towards me.Im not sure i remembered to breathe. We hugged and the feeling of being held within his arms was euphoric. I will never forget it. He took my luggage snd we headed outside for a cab. Now remember this is Iraq so public displays of affection are not really acceptable BUT i remeber standing om the curb with him talking and trying for a cab when i just kissed him;he blushed and to be honest so did I. The chemistry was there....intensified.

We spent 3 beautiful weeks together. It took the first week to gather all we need but on August 10th 2017 we were married.

The day i returned to the U.S. is and was the hardest day of our life, but necessary. We are planning a vacation to Turkey sometime May or June because it has been a while since August. All in all our experience could not have gone better even if i had tried to micromanage every detail. Thank God i did not. He did an amazing job and it was perfect. It was natural and passionate and beautiful.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                        I am new here but I loved reading your stories so I thought it would be fun to share my story! I met my husband on a video game streaming website, Twitch, he was a streamer and I instantly loved his accent and his personality, not to mention he was playing my favorite game at the time. We began to message and that led to Skype which led to him asking me to be his girlfriend after about a month.
                        We were apart for about 8.5 months before we first saw each other in person. He took the long trip to come spend 2.5 months living with me.
                        Waiting for him at the airport I was surprisingly calm, I think it was because we had such a connection over Skype that I knew we would have chemistry. The instant I saw him walk around the corner I called out his name and he told me that he "instantly knew where to look" and that the first time seeing me was one of his favorite memories. We hugged and I cried and then he did the sweetest thing, knowing I can be a little shy, he asked me if he could kiss me and I, of course, said yes. We spent the rest of the day loving each other. Actually we really spent the entire 2.5 months that way.
                        If I have any advice to give to those who have yet to meet their partner I would say to be confident in your connection. If you can feel the chemistry over Skype you will most likely feel it in person much much stronger. I would also suggest not holding back, go crazy! You were apart for however long, make up for lost time!

Comment

We meet online through a singing app on 08/25/2017. He sang in one of my audition songs and asked him to join my singing group. He had an amazing voice. We started to talk and we clicked immediately. It has been a year and 3 months of us talking. I knew I meet my soul mate and I needed to comfirm our feelings. So last July I purchased a ticket from North Carolina to England. We finally got to meet last weekend and spent 3 amazing short days. He gave me the best 3 days of my life. If anything, I was more nervous about getting through immigration. I knew what questions will be asked and that there was a possibility I can be denied entry into England and that my dreams and heart will be crushed. The boarder control officer asked me questions after questions more then usual. He finally stamped my passport and said enjoy my stay. At the moment I felt a big relief and I sigh of relief. I took a train to
                          my hotel and everything felt sureal...I couldn’t believe I was going to meet the man I feel madly in love with. I finally arrived to my hotel and 2 hours later he knocks on my hotel door. I was nervous at first. He hugged me and all that melted away. We instantly clicked..it felt like I came home and I was at home and we were one. We walked around Machester City Centre and had our
                          first meal and first drinks, we had our first date! We walked back to the hotel and our first kiss and the rest was beautiful. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing Ive done. I felt like a piece of me was gone. I will never feel complete. But I know its just a hello and not a goodbye. I knew that I meet my lover, my bestfriend, and my soulmate.

Comment

I guess since this is still alive I can post something.

It was nice. When we first met at Incheon airport it was a bit awkward at first. We were happy but kept a little distance. I didn't know what she was comfortable with so I didn't make any moves and I was nervous to be too close in public. But once we got to our apartment and out of sight, any barriers broke down very quickly. I remember saying a few words, she hugged me and started crying saying she couldn't believe our meeting was real. I won't say what happened after that. But the next day we were walking around Seoul like a typical close couple. There wasn't much need to get to know each other since we had already shared so much before. So we could just go around town and enjoy the limited time we had together. Those 2 weeks flew by but we made a lot of memories. haha. We left Korea certain that the next time we met, we would marry. And the next time we met, we got married.
                            First contact: March, 2014
                            Official LDR: June, 2014
                            Married since: August, 2017
                            “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

We met in person the first time 6 wks after we "met" online. Our feelings were quite intense, and we wanted to meet in person to see if the chemistry was the same in real life. I thought if I didn't touch him soon, I might spontaneously combust lol. So he booked a flight (800 miles apart) and hotel(I have children and an intro to them was out of the question.) I was waiting in the hotel lobby when he arrived-he texted me throughout his journey, and I knew he was close. When he came through the double sliding doors, I knew him right away. He wasn't facing me and he was greeted by the clerk. He was much more handsome, taller than I imagined he'd seem, and had an easy smile. I knew that voice, that told the clerk, "yes, I do have a reservation but..." and that's when we first laid eyes on each other. I couldn't breathe. He went from a polite smile to serious; then wonder and delight. A huge smile. He finished his sentence.."there she is." and his tone is impossible to describe. I got a glance at the clerk watching us intently, and the lobby was very crowded and a bit noisy, but as he strode toward me all I took in was the sight of this beautiful man coming toward me and I could not move, because I thought my heart would burst. Without hesitation he kissed me passionately. When we pulled apart, he said,"so pretty." And a second later pulled me into his arms; at that moment I was home. I actually thought,"home." We hugged for a while. Then he looked down at me, and said, let's get settled, shall we?" He took my hand and pulled me to the desk and I was a bit dumbstruck and couldn't stop staring at him. I knew I loved this man. I suspected I did, now I KNEW. We walked to the room and he told me my pictures do not do me justice.

We have loved each other for almost 4 years. We visit every month.

Comment

Having just come back from my first visit, I can share it.
                                I flew out to Phoenix to meet him. It took me 23 hours of travelling to get there, but he was more than worth every minute. My plane got in 10 minutes late, and I was queuing through customs for 2 hours. I nearly got in trouble with my ESTA, and was taken to a seperate room for questioning. I'd made the decision not to text him until I got out of there-be that into the airport, or sent packing. By the time I was out, my phone battery was low, and I had no way to charge it. I quickly text him to say where I would be, then ducked into the bathroom to freshen up. When I came out, I still couldn't see him. I managed to call him, and the first thing he saw of me was my back. He wasn't sure if it was me, but quickly deduced the likelihood as we were both on the phone. I turned around and saw him looking at me. For a moment, I didn't know what to do. I swear in that moment everything went silent, and we just looked at each other. Then we hugged tightly and I kept squeezing him. I didn't want to let go. Then I kissed his neck a couple of times, as reality started to sink in. It didn't feel weird or awkward or uncomfortable. I wasn't nervous or shy. It just felt right, and so familiar. Like we'd met a hundred times before.
                                We made our way out to his car, where he stood by the open door, and I stood by the other door, and we both just looked at each other. He was holding the door open for me! Me being British, and him being American, I totally missed that one.
                                We had our first kiss in a Walmart parking lot. There was nothing particularly romantic about it, but it somehow seemed perfect regardless.
                                We missed his writing group the next morning, as we got back from the airport after 1am.
                                He took me for a drive around the local area, and we stopped at a park, where we went for a walk. Nothing spectacular, just walking side by side, holding hands. I have never enjoyed a walk so much. After 8 long months, we could do something so simple that CD couples would likely take for granted.
                                He took me over to meet his mum, who asked me some questions, but didn't press me if I was vague.
                                The day before I left I cried in his arms. The day he drove me back to the airport, I cried again. He pulled over specially, but I told him to keep driving.
                                When we got into the airport, I felt a panic attack rising. I was shaking and I wanted to run away and cry my eyes out. Somehow I managed to hold it together, and we said goodbye with hugs and kisses. I made a point of telling him I'd be back in 44 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X