How was your first meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Wow, beautiful story!! I teared up and I'm at work.... because I can imagine my boyfriend doing the same thing; I hope it'll be just as amazing; we meet for the first time in 19 days. I hope it's still going well!

Originally posted by Saralovesjason View Post
    We met in person the first time 6 wks after we "met" online. Our feelings were quite intense, and we wanted to meet in person to see if the chemistry was the same in real life. I thought if I didn't touch him soon, I might spontaneously combust lol. So he booked a flight (800 miles apart) and hotel(I have children and an intro to them was out of the question.) I was waiting in the hotel lobby when he arrived-he texted me throughout his journey, and I knew he was close. When he came through the double sliding doors, I knew him right away. He wasn't facing me and he was greeted by the clerk. He was much more handsome, taller than I imagined he'd seem, and had an easy smile. I knew that voice, that told the clerk, "yes, I do have a reservation but..." and that's when we first laid eyes on each other. I couldn't breathe. He went from a polite smile to serious; then wonder and delight. A huge smile. He finished his sentence.."there she is." and his tone is impossible to describe. I got a glance at the clerk watching us intently, and the lobby was very crowded and a bit noisy, but as he strode toward me all I took in was the sight of this beautiful man coming toward me and I could not move, because I thought my heart would burst. Without hesitation he kissed me passionately. When we pulled apart, he said,"so pretty." And a second later pulled me into his arms; at that moment I was home. I actually thought,"home." We hugged for a while. Then he looked down at me, and said, let's get settled, shall we?" He took my hand and pulled me to the desk and I was a bit dumbstruck and couldn't stop staring at him. I knew I loved this man. I suspected I did, now I KNEW. We walked to the room and he told me my pictures do not do me justice.

We have loved each other for almost 4 years. We visit every month.

Comment

Our first meeting went great! We have been talking for 4 years now. He has been working on coming over years but finally did it! I didn't recognize him at first because he was smaller and older than expected but it did not put me off. We spent the week he was here like an old couple so it really worked. He has health problems so we had to modify some things but his sense of humor was on point with all those who he came across when we went out. It was that English sense of humor though and folks here didn't get it. I just stepped back and watched people freak out,hahaha! It only took a couple of days to be used to him being here and I didn't want him to leave. He won't be back for awhile because of some prior committments. I can't wait!
      LeoJ

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X