Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying time zones

Hello people! Hope you're all well 😊

I have been on my travels for the past year and I am currently in Australia, have been for 9 months. I met my SO online 6 months ago and he lives in Washington State, USA. Our time differences although it sounds difficult are actually not too bad! In fact we manage too talk everyday in some form or another. Be that facetime or instant messaging.

However,

I might be moving back for a couple of months too where I am originally from in England. Just too spend christmas and new year with my family. However I think the time difference would be 8 hours. Which might throw up some issues.

Does anyone have any advice on how too manage a different time zone? Or is anyone in similar locations that can give me an insight into how difficult it is too talk too one another?

Thanks for reading! 😊

As your title suggests, time zones are annoying as heck! My ex lives in WA state and I live in Scotland so yup it's a 8 hour time difference and really it isn't that bad. It just means that sadly you'll have to stay up later to talk but apart from that it's pretty manageable. In the beginning with my ex it was great because we met in the summer holidays and she had less work but as our relationship progressed she got busier and so did I and we had to adapt from what we were used to of talking several times a week and staying up late to talk, to talking the odd day then planning a date night each week where I would stay up all night just to play a game and catch up with her. It worked really well and no matter what kind of time difference you have you should always try to have a date night planned for every week/2 weeks just so you have something to look forward to and to make your relationship more than just sending odd messages when you catch each other not at work. You can PM me if you want any more details or to chat about it, best of luck! :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment