I am wondering about so many people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
    Sometimes I want to write, "OP, it's unclear why you are having a communication issue in your relationship." (Knowing all the while that I couldn't understand a damn thing he/she said in the original post.)
    You just made my day.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I think some of you misunderstood the thread.

This is not about you giving advice to people and being active in other people's threads This is about vet/oldtimer members coming online once in a while and posting their major updates, maybe writing blogposts or something, asking advice for their life issues and telling us how they are doing and how has their LDR worked. Or just chatting casually and making this place even more fun with random everyday topics. This is mostly about people who were active sometime ago and disappeared and we have no idea what they are up to or how they are doing.

And tbh, it's kind of sad that the only purpose of this site has become giving people advice instead of having many fun and interesting topics related to long distance relationships. There were quite a bit of those threads in the past if you dig it up, though dunno how many of them happened around the same time, probably people like Moon would know it better. I might be exaggerating.

As for the topic, I find it understandable, but sad. If someone has closed distance, they probably have lots of irl worries and stuff to do rather than discussing things on an online forum like they used to when they had their loves thousands of kilometers away. But even then, it'd soothe our curious minds to hear how well have they been doing in a cdr, whether their relationship has worked just as well, maybe they are creating families even, etc, etc. I get it way more with people who have ended their relationships, this place probably brings up terrible memories and they need time to get over. Or there may be people who have had terrible things happen in their lives or just got too busy. Who knows? We can't demand or ask anything from them, buut it'd be soo so nice

I mean, I haven't been here for too long but I have seen many old posts from people who used to be super active and who haven't shown up for a while. There were several people like that even when I joined it first. And it makes me sad that I might never see any closure about them over here.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
        I feel the same way, moon. I roll my eyes more often than I care to. However, I think about so many people who were active and i still feel cheated.....I want closure! ��
        I miss a lot of our old members, too. The forum just isn't the same versus when I first joined
        I also worry about some of our former active members who disappeared.. I hope they're doing ok!

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
          I miss a lot of our old members, too. The forum just isn't the same versus when I first joined
          I also worry about some of our former active members who disappeared.. I hope they're doing ok!
          Saad whatruckus I think of when I read that

Comment

I would like to hear from old members how they are doing and how things are going in their relationships. And often there is a kind of long distance relationship still, with the family of at least one of them. And especially for out of state/different country relationships. It would be interesting to hear how they all do it.... Maybe selfish but. There are some of the old ones that I hope they are doing ok. I know some opted out because the relationship did not work out after closing the distance (or never got to that), and I can see that they want to move on. Others, when I last saw them they were still long distance and dating. I hope they are all having babies or exciting adventures, but who knows..
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Just gotta make peace with the fact old members might never again login and tell us how things are going. That's the way I look at it.

Comment

I stopped posting just because I didn't feel there was much I wanted to share. I think I went a whole year without saying anything here until we got married.
                First contact: March, 2014
                Official LDR: June, 2014
                Married since: August, 2017
                “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

I do miss some people who i've gotten to know on here and have then just suddenly disappeared and never returned but as the others have said people lose interest and stop posting sometimes. I've been here since 2014 and in that time i've gone through 2 long distance break ups but still come back here to see what's going on because I like the people on here and am invested in their lives and their well being. If I had everyone on here on facebook or somewhere else then i don't think i'd be as excited to log on here every so often to see how things are going. I also just love the sense of community we all have here and enjoy giving everyone updates on my life and hearing about theirs too, people who aren't that into the community and only maybe have a select few people they come on here to talk to might just not bother posting here because it isn't really important to them, not really a priority.
                  I mean really it just comes down to if someone doesn't enjoy posting here anymore then that's our loss, but we should be happy we made them happy for the time they were here. I'm going to be posting here letting everyone know what i'm up to for a long time :P
                  my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                  Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                  Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                  Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                  Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                  Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                  Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                  Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                  All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Lostviolinist View Post
                    I stopped posting just because I didn't feel there was much I wanted to share. I think I went a whole year without saying anything here until we got married.
                    I hope you're happy and that all worked out as planned.
                    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I've been summoned to explain my absence haha. We're going through a very rough patch so don't feel like posting much. I also find places like discord much easier to keep up with now than logging onto a specific forum. Maybe just a sign that the internet is changing.

Comment

So glad you are still live and kicking. Hoping everything is going well and glad you checked in! <3
                        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
                          I think some of you misunderstood the thread.

This is not about you giving advice to people and being active in other people's threads This is about vet/oldtimer members coming online once in a while and posting their major updates, maybe writing blogposts or something, asking advice for their life issues and telling us how they are doing and how has their LDR worked. Or just chatting casually and making this place even more fun with random everyday topics. This is mostly about people who were active sometime ago and disappeared and we have no idea what they are up to or how they are doing.

And tbh, it's kind of sad that the only purpose of this site has become giving people advice instead of having many fun and interesting topics related to long distance relationships. There were quite a bit of those threads in the past if you dig it up, though dunno how many of them happened around the same time, probably people like Moon would know it better. I might be exaggerating.

As for the topic, I find it understandable, but sad. If someone has closed distance, they probably have lots of irl worries and stuff to do rather than discussing things on an online forum like they used to when they had their loves thousands of kilometers away. But even then, it'd soothe our curious minds to hear how well have they been doing in a cdr, whether their relationship has worked just as well, maybe they are creating families even, etc, etc. I get it way more with people who have ended their relationships, this place probably brings up terrible memories and they need time to get over. Or there may be people who have had terrible things happen in their lives or just got too busy. Who knows? We can't demand or ask anything from them, buut it'd be soo so nice

I mean, I haven't been here for too long but I have seen many old posts from people who used to be super active and who haven't shown up for a while. There were several people like that even when I joined it first. And it makes me sad that I might never see any closure about them over here.
                          YES! THIS! Thank you
                          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Sure folks got off topic, but perhaps they explained why they don't log in as much.

When I first joined, I posted and read other people's stories and looked forward to their updates. However, I log on far less now because when I log in I see so few regular members posting updates. Instead, I come here to find nearly all new members posting with netspeak that I can hardly understand. So while that is off topic, it is relevant. I've closed the distance and rarely post much. I do find much less community here that what it once was which could definitely be a source of why people don't check back and post updates.

Perhaps people's understanding isn't bad, perhaps folks are contributing relevant information about why they don't check in like they used to.

Comment

Working...
                            X