Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favorite thing to do when on long distance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite thing to do when on long distance.

Since me and my boyfriend are both students with really busy lifes, we have this weekly skype date (usually, always on Fridays) where we talk for a couple of hours. I really enjoy talking to him and listening him tell me more widely of the things he went through during the week, but our skype date will never be my favorite thing to do. My favorite thing to do while we're on long distance is what comes after the date. We like once in a while to leave our skypes open while we sleep. We call it "sleeping together". And to me it's my favorite. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and see a black screen on my computer (since the lights are off), but I can hear the way he breathes, and this makes me feel really connected to him. The best part is the next morning, when one of us wakes up and stares at the other person sleeping so peacefully. Sometimes we let the other wake up by themselves, sometimes we wake each other up. And after a bit of chatting we both end the call and go do our things.

But let me tell you, nothing beats waking up with his sleeping body on my laptop screen. And this is the best thing I could ever recommend a ldr couple to do.

-T

That must be great. I've been thinking of that, too. Sadly, my lady has prepaid internet, so that is not possible... But I would love it.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

HOW
      How can anyone sleep with laptops on their beds or near it.

I can barely use it like that during the day, and I have this strong fear that I'll throw it away at night. I can't leave the speakers on either and no way I could sleep with earphones. Also the laptop screen on at night is freaking bad for one's health and sleeping schedule. And I'd feel as restricted doing it as physically possible. Sleep is holy, if he's here irl, I'd feel super relaxed and connected but I can't simply do that with a machine lying near me.

Nice idea for people who can actually make it work, probably.

Comment

When he was on the other side of the globe, we used to sleep together sometimes...he would go to bed and I would take a quick nap before my PM work shift. We would usually just do it on a speakerphone voice call though, as CC is right....screen light at night is bad for your sleep. I also loved waking up and listening to the sound of his breathing...there's something so comforting about it. Now that we're in the same time zone, it doesn't really work, because he stays up so late, and that ish ain't for me. But now we can watch each other sleep in person every so often.
        sigpic

Comment

My favorite thing to do is to do our Rabbit movie night where we take turns choosing the movie, then sitting down and watching it together. We also provide our witty and sometimes serious commentary with the movie. <3

Comment

I'd love to do this, but our work schedule and her being 6 hours behind definitely won't give us chance to. There's been nights where we've been Skyping and it's late for me and I've fallen asleep, but she's wide awake and doing stuff (usually taking photos of me asleep). Lovely idea, though
            60 days until i fly to texas.
            6th august 2017 - the day i made you mine.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
              HOW
              How can anyone sleep with laptops on their beds or near it.

I can barely use it like that during the day, and I have this strong fear that I'll throw it away at night. I can't leave the speakers on either and no way I could sleep with earphones. Also the laptop screen on at night is freaking bad for one's health and sleeping schedule. And I'd feel as restricted doing it as physically possible. Sleep is holy, if he's here irl, I'd feel super relaxed and connected but I can't simply do that with a machine lying near me.

Nice idea for people who can actually make it work, probably.
              Instead of laptops, maybe you can try smartphones instead. If you both have iPhone you can use FaceTime which have worked wonders for me and my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLee View Post
                Instead of laptops, maybe you can try smartphones instead. If you both have iPhone you can use FaceTime which have worked wonders for me and my girl.
                Me and my SO have enough sleeping problems already and phone screen is even worse. If it were only noise/voice call type of thing, I see zero point, it'd just be pointless noise disturbing our sleep. Its's just very individual probably and kudos to whoever is able to sleep well in such conditions but it's not the healthiest thing.

Also we don't have to have iphones, we both have Android phones and we could easily use Hangouts there like we do on the laptop, it's the use of technology itself that's bothering.

Comment

It's beautiful to fall asleep together.. we never did cause the time is 5 hours of different (just sometimes I fall asleep while we are talking) but you only talk in skype once a week?

We talk every day one or two times, and the second time sometimes 2 or 3 hours.. is impossible for us to not do it.. ^^

Comment

Working...
                  X