He visited me this summer!!! (US & UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He visited me this summer!!! (US & UK)

I met my boyfriend after over 4 years of talking online. He's from the UK and 25 and I'm from the northeastern US and 20. We had always wanted to meet but couldn't because of money issues, family issues, school, or other things. We finally set up a date and his parents were very on board with it. His parents wanted to come over with him the first time to kinda guide him through it, but they left him at my place for 11 days and went off to Canada (I live in Maine). They drove to my house and I was waiting on the porch, sitting down. I couldn't even look at him when he first arrived; it was too good to be true. My mom was sitting next to me at the time and asked if I wanted him to sit by me and I nodded. She asked him to and he sat by me and was giggling and nudging closer to me. I saw him looking over at me and smiling and I was super self-conscious and didn't know what he was thinking. Within minutes, I put my hand in between us and he grabbed my hand, and we must've held hands for a good half hour. We went inside and he ate some pizza and I couldn't let go of him. We had A LOT of awkward hugs for the first few hours. I brought him and his parents outside to look at my pond and we just stood by the water and hugged and held hands. We left that area and went to sit on the swing together where we were basically hugging each other and smiling. I was the first to kiss his forehead because he was being too darn cute. He kissed my nose, I kissed his nose, he kissed mine again, and when I went to kiss his again he moved and our lips touched. We were not shy about kissing after that at all.

He arrived pretty late and was pretty jet-lagged. We went into my room for a bit but he was starting to fall asleep so I brought him down into the guest room. I stayed with him for a bit but my parents didn't really feel comfortable letting us sleep in the same bed yet. I woke him up pretty early and the next day we went to the mall, bought stuff, took pictures in photo booths, and shared giant pretzels and Dairy Queen. HE IS SO CUTE!!! The second day was his birthday and we went to the arcade. I actually won a little MP3 player from the claw machine. We had a lot of fun but it didn't last long since I didn't want to spend all of my money on that one day. The next day I had a trip planned to go a bit South but still in the state and my parents drove us. We hung around the mall and ate at some of my favorite places and went swimming. We had matching swim wear that he bought us at the mall (Red shirt with watermelon print shorts). We got a hotel overnight and the next day went to the animal park. I fell asleep on him on the ride home.

The next day we stayed home and did puzzles most of the day. He really likes Five Guys in his country so I took him there to eat dinner. They actually messed up on my order so I got a free burger and we shared the fries. Burgers are his FAVORITE food so it was an easy choice. The next day we went to Fort Knox and he bought me a cute duck from the gift shop there. It was really hot and my mom brought the dogs and I have really cute pictures of him with one of our dogs!!! We went up in a giant elevator to the top of an observatory above a bridge. It was really cool and a new experience for both of us. On our way home we ordered giant pizza (24 inches) and he ate like 5 slices. The next day I think we mostly slept and it may have been the day we made cupcakes together, I'm not sure.

The next day was July 4 and we had lots of family over. We had a big cookout (Burgers, he was happy) and I had him try the Maine-famous red hot dogs. The house was a little busy so we went to another arcade and he had a blast playing some virtual jump rope. He won so many tickets that we got each of us an inflatable crown. We also got our picture sketched from a photobooth which was pretty cool. We also did 2 rounds of minigolf at the same place in the rain (he won)! The next day we thought it would be fun to explore downtown. We went to a rock shop and he bought me a really cute ceramic whale planter (I love whales and planters) with a cute little air plant that's currently dying. They were having some event where you had to find a cardboard cutout of Waldo in local businesses so we took part in that. We found all but 2! We went out for breakfast and also for dinner and he had more burgers!

The next day was our last day together and we just stayed home and watched a movie. He spent time with the animals and his parents arrived back at our place earlier than I wanted. I was very sad to see him go and didn't recover for a few days. I probably said bye at least 10 times and kissed him 20. We were both really sad but he was tired and had a long flight home. I was really sad because I didn't know when I would see him again but it gets better! It feels like you're dying but it does get better! Things go back to how they were before and you're still happy and together and just get to look forward to the next time you can meet until you can move in together!

I've only met him the one time so far but next summer I'm planning on visiting him. I've never been in a plane before so we'll see how that goes. Our chemistry was instantaneous which was surprising to my family. It didn't really feel any different, but we basically knew everything about each other because we had been talking for so long and video chatting every day.

I love him so much and we are doing great and I really hope everything works out for everyone else in this situation! It really sucks at time but its soooo worth it. I still miss him every day but I know when we get to see each other again it'll be worth the wait.

Glad it went well

Comment

Nice story, I am happy for you.
      Good to read some positive things here.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
      X