Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe somebody can gives us an idea... Work and travel together

Hello guys!

Me and my LDgf (just 1 year of relationship) are planning to spend together next summer (2018, from july till september), and we are thinking about working in a different country (not Spain or Russia). We would like to know how we would behave living together for such a long period of time (usually we see each other for maximum one week, only once we've been one month together), and at the same time working. We've been checking for information and that's how we learnt about Work and Travel programs, agencies that allow you to go to United States to work (or other countries, but for now we are only interested in USA) for several months. Has somebody over here done this before? Or maybe somebody has tried something different than this program?

Mainly, what we want: to spend a lot of time together working at the same time. Some ideas?

Thank you very much!

What career fields are you in and what qualifications do you have?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
      What career fields are you in and what qualifications do you have?
      Thanks for replying! I'm studying Law, and my LDgf is studying Programming. We are planning to find any kind of job (to be honest we don't even expect to find something that fit our studies). About qualifications... I'm quite an average student (6.5/10) but in certain fields (mainly when it comes about writing) I'm one of the bests. My gf has excellent marks on almost everything.

Again, thank you!

Comment

Unless there's a program you know of that I don't, to work in the USA requires an H1B visa, which are extremely competitive and difficult to get. Plus, I think it's still a lottery system, so it's kind of the luck of the draw to get it ( but I haven't followed recent developments on the system). Point is, it might be unrealistic to work in the US with no real qualifications that make you stand out from the crowd. You can give it a shot, but be prepared with a backup plan.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
          Unless there's a program you know of that I don't, to work in the USA requires an H1B visa, which are extremely competitive and difficult to get. Plus, I think it's still a lottery system, so it's kind of the luck of the draw to get it ( but I haven't followed recent developments on the system). Point is, it might be unrealistic to work in the US with no real qualifications that make you stand out from the crowd. You can give it a shot, but be prepared with a backup plan.
          Well, first of all, yes there is a program that will make easy getting this visa. It's called Work and Travel and there's plenty of agencies that offer it. But it's a bit hard to apply for it with an international couple, so I started this thread with the hope that somebody that has done it could give a hint, or to think about a backup plan. But thanks, I didn't know how USA H1B visa works and it's interesting to know.

Comment

Working...
          X