Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone clued in on the process of a Partnership Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone clued in on the process of a Partnership Visa?

Hello,

Does anyone here know about how difficult/personal the Partnership/De Facto Visa can be? I've been reading articles, and have seen people say that the Government/Immigration officer need a lot of evidence of a relationship, in a variety of different ways, and that they really get involved in your business; your intimate and personal life, both together and separately. Is this really the case? It seems like such a scary and stressful process from what I've gathered so far. Also, very expensive.

Any advice or further information, even if it's just general, would be much appreciated. Nothing will change the fact that my partner and I will be going through the process, but some forewarning or just some helpful information would be great.

Just comment below if you need further details to better answer the question.

Thank you.

I only know about here in the US cause my friend went through it, it was lots of paper filling and providing pictures, letters, emails etc to prove you’ve a real relationship. It’s not hard to prove when you really have one! Some cases have more red flags like huge age difference, not knowing each other for long, and some countries are more “disliked” than others.

Comment

Every country is different, which ones are you asking about, for starters.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It depends on the countries, it is not really possible to say. Is there any reason why you would prefer a partnership/de facto visa to a marriage/family reunion visa?

Either way, they do need a lot of proof that your relationship is genuine to prove the relationship. Pictures, proof of travels and stays, expecting you to have intimate knowledge about each other and so on. Also, they check the ties to your country (for the person who immigrates) and work relations/money situation (for the person who welcomes the other because he/she will be the one to pay until the other can get settled, learn the language etc and get a job.

And yes, it will cost you money, but again that depends on the country. I think immigration visas to my countries are expensive (with an almost 50 % raise in 4 years), but it is still almost 1/3 to Australia, for instance. You may not be able to stay forever on the one visa so there might be another visa etc etc.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhoney View Post
          I only know about here in the US cause my friend went through it, it was lots of paper filling and providing pictures, letters, emails etc to prove you’ve a real relationship. It’s not hard to prove when you really have one! Some cases have more red flags like huge age difference, not knowing each other for long, and some countries are more “disliked” than others.
          I'm in Australia, so it sounds quite similar to what you've described.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            It depends on the countries, it is not really possible to say. Is there any reason why you would prefer a partnership/de facto visa to a marriage/family reunion visa?

Either way, they do need a lot of proof that your relationship is genuine to prove the relationship. Pictures, proof of travels and stays, expecting you to have intimate knowledge about each other and so on. Also, they check the ties to your country (for the person who immigrates) and work relations/money situation (for the person who welcomes the other because he/she will be the one to pay until the other can get settled, learn the language etc and get a job.

And yes, it will cost you money, but again that depends on the country. I think immigration visas to my countries are expensive (with an almost 50 % raise in 4 years), but it is still almost 1/3 to Australia, for instance. You may not be able to stay forever on the one visa so there might be another visa etc etc.
            Thank you for your helpful reply.

My partner is coming to Australia. He's applied for a Working Holiday Visa for 12 months, and after that, we plan to apply for the partnership visa as we don't plan to get married for awhile, if ever.

I've read it'll be up to $10,000. I'm not sure if that's more or less than other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ-LJ View Post
              Thank you for your helpful reply.

My partner is coming to Australia. He's applied for a Working Holiday Visa for 12 months, and after that, we plan to apply for the partnership visa as we don't plan to get married for awhile, if ever.

I've read it'll be up to $10,000. I'm not sure if that's more or less than other countries.
              10.000 USD is about a 1/10 the sum of a Norwegian "starter" family reunion visa (they organise it like a package, so that the next times you apply, you get 80 % discount on the fee). I am sure there can be some extra costs - we plan to use an immigration lawyer for instance, and then there are tickets and other expenses - but I think the Australian authorities stand out as making partner visas incredibly expensive.
              In my country, you may get a common law/domestic partnership visa, if you have a child together or have lived together 2 years or more.
              We dont have any general work visas unless you are from the EU region (would have made our relationship a lot easier had Turkey joined the EU!).
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have nothing to say on this topic, but holy smokes - $10.000??
                I figured the money I paid was a lot, but damn.. I guess I am lucky.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                  I have nothing to say on this topic, but holy smokes - $10.000??
                  I figured the money I paid was a lot, but damn.. I guess I am lucky.
                  My partner and I were shocked when we found out the cost as well. So we'll be saving awhile, and getting some help from an immigration officer, so that we know for sure that $10,000 isn't going to be for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X