Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have a child together and our child will finally meet him soon !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a child together and our child will finally meet him soon !

We welcomed a little girl into our family and hearts about 6 months ago. We have been together for two years and yet we have not closed the distance permanently yet as we are not from the same country. Our daughter and I have a routine down pat... how can I include him when our daughter meets him for the first time. Throughout my pregnancy (I didn't know i was pregnant when i came back home and now for 6 months I've been her primary caretaker... with some help from my family. Soon, Badrul ( my love) will meet his child for the first time. I will be relieved to have his help and thrilled to have him in my life everyday and to be able to be here for our daughter's milestones it will be a very happy occasion... but it will be strange for me for there to be another parent in the picture and to let go of my resentment about him missing our child's birth( since he would have been there if he could. . Any suggestions on making the transition smoother for all of us would be greatly appreciated. Because we hope, Insha'Allah (God Willing) to close the distance permanently soon.

Also, any ideas on getting him more involved in our daughter and I's daily routine, to bond us more as a family before that time.
    He reads to her frequently already. Singing perhaps?
    Tumi Amar Readoy Badrul ( Badrul, You are my heart)

Love transcends distance, and renders differing languages irrelevent... for love's tongue is the heart

Good luck on your child meeting her other parent for the first time! I guess the most important thing is for them to be used to being in the same room, hearing the vibrations of each others voice and skin on skin. Perhaps he can try to carry her a bit skin to skin so that she can sniff him and get used to the way his skin feels. Singing is an excellent way to include him in the daily routine. You may ask him if he knows certain child rearing things that he wants to include.

I understand that experiencing birth without the father and raising the child on your own is very hard, despite the father wanting to be there. I hope that you together can work towards spending more time together as a couple and as a family, and in time close the distance. Best of luck
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Badrul meeting Sara went well. It's been a year since then We visited for 3 months . Sara and I have been back home since late march but Insha'Allah ( God Willing) Badrul and I will be permanently closing the distance this summer or fall. We are good at parenting together even if we have different styles due to culture. I am confident that we will do well raising Sara together. It's hard to believe Sara is almost two and Badrul and I have been married for three years. But finally Insha'Allah we will be together as a family.
      Tumi Amar Readoy Badrul ( Badrul, You are my heart)

Love transcends distance, and renders differing languages irrelevent... for love's tongue is the heart

Comment

Hey I am new hear and was looking for a similar case. My SO is hesitant in having a child together as he is worried about the bonding of parent and child in a long distance as we are nowhere close to closing the gap.. How do the bond?? Are they close in their father-daughter relationship?

Comment

Working...
        X