Should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I stay or should I go?

So I REALLY need some help! I met my bf 9 months ago and we officially started dating 6 months ago. Our relationship has been an LDR for the past 3 months because I moved away to begin medical school. We clicked instantly when we met and I have never felt this way about a guy ever, and he said the same about me. While I am new to LDRs, everything has been going great thus far except for one thing that has been getting to me recently..

My bf is super catholic and is saving himself for marriage. Now I know a lot of you reading this are automatically thinking "dealbreaker." Tbh, when he first told me, that's instantly what I thought. But as I started to get to know him better and spend time with him, I realized that I really love him and want to respect his values. To be fair, there is a compromise here, he does everything else in terms of sexual stuff. We have very good sexual chemistry with that and I have no worries about not being compatible in the future. I never used to think about it when we saw each other every day at the beginning of our relationship, but now that we are far apart, it's all I can think about. I don't know if it's because I am frustrated at the distance or what, but I can't seem to shake the thought and it's kind of driving me crazy. I talked about it with him and we thought of things that could help moving forward, but I can't help but wonder if I am doing the right thing by staying with him. The fact that I am considering waiting with him means that he is very special to me and I don't want to lose that because I let my hormones get the best of me in the end. But how do I distinguish if this is something that I need or if I am just mad that we are apart and this is the only thing I can't have? He said that I am very special to him too, which is another big part of why he wants to wait. I know it's up to me in the end but I really want to try to make this work without obsessing over this. Is there a better way I can try to approach this? Anyone out there who has been in my or maybe his shoes? I know this is a long post, but there's been a lot on my mind and I just wanted some opinions. Thanks!

I... couldn't read the thread title without singing.

I'll talk about my experience. I can't have sex. Not the intercourse. I am trying to make an LDR work now, which means there will be lots of sexual frustration even during the visit. It's treatable, but it can take even a couple of years.

I know religion is a choice, this isn't. But essentially it'll boil down to waiting a year or two before we can do anything. My guy will stick to me most likely. But I have heard stories of cdrs where a guy has broken up with a girl because of this... And I don't think I can judge them. It's awful, I know. But what things like these depend on is what someone decides. LDR = lots of sexual frustration already and I'm at times nervous to see how he'll react when he'll realise that sexual frustration will continue during the visit too. Even tho I'm sure we have got good chemistry as well. (we have met but it was a short visit and we never planned anything anyway)

I don't know, though, it's really up to you. To some sex is super important, some can wait as long as they need to, some don't want to but still manage to. It's just about making a decision that's right for you and that you can make peace with.

Also answer to your question is probably both, you need it and distance makes you mad.

Comment

Working...
    X