Looking for Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Advice

Hello there looking for some advice on a certain issues me and my partner got as of right now and input would be appricated.
    So i've been dating this girl from Delaware/USA we started dating online on the 9th of october, and its been a really nice and pleasurable experience to say the least, I like her ALOT and I hope it would be possible for a future together where we actually meet up in person. Because i'm personally not used to dating from a long distance, so I have some issues regarding opening up emotionally to her, Because of some stuff that happened previously in my life that still bothers me to this present moment, I am currently working on fixing the problem because this issue is not doing either of us any good at all, So i'm wondering if you guys have any tips or any advice on how to open up emotionally in a proper manner, cause when i'm talking to people in person i have no problems at all opening up emotionally so i find this issue to be somewhat wierd in my opinion because when i meet somebody in person and connect with them there are no problems at all regarding emotions. So any help or advice would be gladly appricated.

Trust and confidence take time to build in a relationship...you guys have been dating only a few weeks. There's no need to be sharing deep dark secrets at this point, in my opinion. Relationships should be fun as you explore each other and get to know each other. Just relax and enjoy the ride.
    sigpic

Comment

I fully agree with Autumn. Take your time and don't rush things. Work on your problem(s) yourself, go see a psych if you have to. I know it helps me.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

You can use "questions for lovers" as a tool. There are many such lists available online.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hi,

I had a similar experience when trying to open up to my boyfriend. I got together with him on the 16th of October and I had trouble sharing some things. I would just take time to build trust and only reveal what you feel comfortable sharing. I would, if you don't do so already, try voice chats or even video calls so you can feel more comfortable talking to your partner in this manner. Just take it easy, you are in no rush. Just take things at your pace.
          Hope things go well for you.

Comment

I would say that you have been together for a month so it's natural not to be opening up emotionally. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Frankly, I think it's quite smart to keep it light early on. Also opening up to a person you haven't met is difficult so I would suggest meeting as soon as possible. I really thing that would help you since you said there is no problem doing it in person.

Comment

Working...
            X