Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Exchange student in America

Hi!

I am currently an exchange student in the States and I'd like to share my story with you, since I'm very confused right now. I think I've fallen in love with a girl that I go to school with. I know that I'm only 17 years old, I haven't had much experience in the girls department, and the fact that I am abroad for the first time may make me even more confused, but I don't I don't I've ever had such strong feelings for somebody. I really don't how I'll be able to handle possibly never seeing her again after my departure in May. I thought about trying to keep my distance, because if I continue to talk to her I'll fall even more for her than I already have. But then again, we've become pretty good friends since we first met in August and I don't want to lose that. I know that she doesn't have a boyfriend and that she is the kind of girl that tries to stay away from boys in general. I don't know if she has any kind of interest or if she's just being friendly, but I would guess the latter. But what if we were meant to meet? I would certainly regret it if I never try ... But I just don't know how to go about that ...

I hope somebody can relate and give me some advice !!!

You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket! Just tell her you think you like her more than a friend. If she's close right now, ask her on a date and pick somewhere. If she's distant, see how she replies. She might be up for trying.

Comment

I am a host mom and am currently hosting my 10th student. I have a lot of experience with exchange students. My advice is for you to NOT get involved with this girl. You are here to live your life as an American teen. There is so much to do and experience while you are here, and you won't get the full experience if you are wrapped up in a romantic relationship. I've seen it happen first hand. Then the exchange year is over and hearts are broken because you've gone back to your old life yet you are trying to keep your life here going at the same time. Enjoy the exchange. Make great friends. But just friends. This year will fly by....especially once Christmas passes. Don't miss a minute of it.
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
      X