We sext a lot... because we have nothing else to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We sext a lot... because we have nothing else to do

My boyfriend and I have known each other for over 5 years now, and know each other better than anyone else in the world. We were best friends before we were boyfriend and girlfriend, and were always able to joke and banter and just have fun. And whenever we're in person, we can still laugh and joke and play games and be goofy, so it's definitely not a problem with the relationship.

That said, lately we've been running out of things to talk about or do on Skype dates. We just don't have the same chemistry online as we do in person, and things lately have been becoming stale and awkward really quickly, more quickly than they used to, and so we, being horny young adults, just start sexting, taking our clothes off on Skype calls, that kind of thing. And that's not a problem, I guess, because we need to get rid of all that pent up sexual energy somehow, right?

The problem is that the constant sex is replacing any of the things we used to love about each other because of the distance. A lot of the time it's not even really that we want to do sexual stuff. Conversations will go something like this:

"So... what do you want to talk about?"
    "I dunno..."
    *awkward pause*
    "Well, we could roleplay, I guess..."
    "Heck, why not, I guess"
    *unzip*

I guess basically my question is what are some things we could do to get us to communicate more like we do when we're in person, joking, laughing, having fun, and not just going at it like a couple of lonely nymphomaniacs?

I've looked at a few websites about things to do online, but nothing really seemed to work for us, either because we couldn't get them to work, or because they were somewhat expensive, and we're both broke university students.

Help, please!

Since you're both students, don't you talk about your school, how classes were, exams, that kind of things? I understand that with young people the sexdrive is high, but even after 5 years (heck, you were young...) there should be things to talk about.
    Do you have plans for a future visit, close the distance? What are you going to do when you have your diplom?
    Why do the things suggested on other sites not work? Even if it's free? Ever tried watching a movie at the same time while on cam?
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Some folks actually do this face to face as well, instead of actually talking and having a conversation the fallback is sex. I've seen it first hand. It's a great way to stifle the relationship building part of getting to know one another. If you haven't checked out the 1000 questions you can ask your partner (or you can ask each other), that's a great tool to get back on track to getting to know one another.

Comment

Working...
      X