job and LDR..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job and LDR..

hello! is there anyone here that is in a job that effect your comunication with your SO i mean not completly but just like you know less time being able to skype or video chat or something like that? if there is what is your story? how do you go every day doing so? and how long have you been doing this for? i started this job myself but im scared it will really effect me and SO because of the times it has and i just dont know what to do... please give me some advice if you have or what do you think i should do.

When you both are willing to find a compromise, there always is a compromise. I see you live only a few timezones away, so that should not be too hard, I guess? There are people living litteraly half a world apart and they find ways. Just talk with your partner about your working times and his, and see what time you have to spare that you both are home, even if it means changing the time you eat, go to bed or wake up. There is always a way if you want to make it work.

Good luck.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I am someone who thinks that you should put your job as a priority and I think you should compromise too, but never too much. Like for example, spending nights awake to chat with the SO doesn't sit well with me unless something serious/important has happened. I think you should find a balance in your individual and romantic lives and I think you should be at all times aware that you are miles apart and there are just things you can't do. Doesn't mean it should affect the relationship, though. It might even be a test for it and will most likely make you stronger if you work around busy schedules and lesser times together. Remember to communicate well with your needs and everything! Best of luck :3

Comment

Originally posted by dorielle_tz View Post
        hello! is there anyone here that is in a job that effect your comunication with your SO i mean not completly but just like you know less time being able to skype or video chat or something like that? if there is what is your story? how do you go every day doing so? and how long have you been doing this for? i started this job myself but im scared it will really effect me and SO because of the times it has and i just dont know what to do... please give me some advice if you have or what do you think i should do.
        That's almost every job on the planet...
        You just adjust to less contact. And tell yourself you are getting a job to save money, afford visits etc. That's all.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X