Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone in an online relationship with someone overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone in an online relationship with someone overseas?

Hey Everyone! IS anyone in an online relationship with someone overseas and planning to meet them for the FIRST TIME?! I need some advice!

Sure am. I'm in Australia and my SO is in England. What advice do you need?

Comment

Here too, The Netherlands vs. The Philippines. What's the advice you're looking for?
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I think the majority of people here are or has been in similar situation. Fire away with your quesitons and I'm sure many people in here are happy to share advice

Comment

Yes, I am from the US and will be visiting my boyfriend in Egypt in early March. I will certainly help if I can.

Comment

Yup. I'm from England and I'm going to meet my SO in late June.

Comment

Yes, we just started talking a few months ago online. We have yet to meet eachtoher as well. Havent been able to set a date as of yet which is frustrating.

Comment

I am in the US and he is in Ghana. However it's unlikely that I meet him first because of different reasons one of them being my family.

Comment

Hey, I'm so happy I found this site where I can talk to people going through the same thing as me. I'm hoping to find a friend who I can talk to about this because other around me don't understand. I'm in Jamaica and my bf is in the UK. To see eachother it's gonna take some time because we have to save and stuff... Any advice? I would love to hear it... I love him very much, we've been talking for almost 3 months and said our I love yous after a day...🥰

Comment

I am in relationship with Ukrainian girl. We met online on one dating app. We communicate each other every day through skype . I decided to go to Ukraine and met with her in real life. I was in Ukraine few days and could say that first day of spring in Ukraine was awesome and my girlfriend was happy. We have plan to marriage next year.

Comment

How long are you chatting online before deciding met in real life? Don't you consider it is a trick?

Comment

Yes I'm in India and she's in Germany and we have been in this relationship 4th year running and is very complicated .. what's the advice that you want .. we both have seen many ups and downs and have climbed many mountains till now
                        Last edited by Petra4Prithpal; April 16, 2019, 09:00 AM. Reason: Want to add some more

Comment

Yes I am in a long distance relationship with someone overseas, I am in Jamaica and she is in the US.... We had our first real fight last night and I’m still hurting we almost broke up.

Comment

JohnMurphy we spoke online for about 4 months before we met and then we saw each other a month later. We try to keep our visits close together.

Comment

In an LDR with someone overseas too. I'm in the US and she's in St. Vincent and the Grenadines (East Carribean).

We've tried to meet quite a few times.

In July we hit our three year anniversary. We haven't met in person yet due to different circumstances.

First trip planned in 2017 I paid for the tickets but she couldn't go due to her school schedule changing up (unfortunately airliners refuse refunds even months out) so we were screwed there. Out nearly $1000 USD!

Second trip plan December 2018 she surprised me over phone that she bought herself plane tickets to come see me given the value is three times as much there due to the US to EC exchange. So she had to to save nearly three times as much just to break-even.

Unfortunately due to an address discrepancy on my end and her visa, they turned her away. On top of us going through a major rough patch at the time, just made things outright heartbreaking.

Now I'm buying her a ticket planned in July 2019 for our third anniversary. Third time's the charm after all! But this time my personal finances are in a MUCH better place!

One other technical time we tried was when she first came to the US for med schoo in 2016l, but it became far too costly even with her scholarship due to cost of living (she was in North Carolina at the time) and I was in the army preparing to take leave to South Carolina to pass on through. Of course we discussed rather her leaving the country would be an issue and we decided to stay together, fast forward to the present.

So wish us luck! Also submitted my passport the other day, because I want to visit her Christmas season, but haven't discussed it with her yet.

Want to have us take trips and visits every 6 months but next time I want to head there to the Carribean. Trouble is individusl tickets cost nearly $1000 USD total, depending on availability and at time of purchase. So I think this is much more manageable than every few months or weeks like same country ldr couple's.

As for your other questions, it depends. On it being a trick, If you and your partner are keeping the nature of your relationship a secret to each other and others, especially on what the two want out it (or straight-up carfishing), maybe.

To prevent catfishing, akwsys consider video chatting (full body, well-lit) and having a few up-to-date pictures showing they are who they say they are (work, school, casual, etc.) Once you're relationship is at that level where you can entrust it to one another.
                              Last edited by Sun_King; April 18, 2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X