I don't know where he is at.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know where he is at.

I've been with my LDR boyfriend for 5 months now, 2 months of those have been long distance. Im from Australia and he is from Midwest USA. Up until about 2 weeks ago, we were handling the distance, talking via messenger daily, and video chatting 2-3 times a week. But the two last week he has felt distant in his messages, and we have only video chatted twice in those 2 weeks. I had a little bit of a breakdown about it yesterday and we talked all night about it. He kept saying he loves me, and doesn't want to give up, but when he says things like "the future and it just has me worried", "i just don't know how far we are really going to be able to take it.." and "You need to remember that we all need a first. I just don't want you think this was a bad idea whatever happens with us", it sounds like on some level he is thinking about giving up on us.

Am I overreacting, or should I be worried about this?

Originally posted by katiealexis View Post
    I've been with my LDR boyfriend for 5 months now, 2 months of those have been long distance. Im from Australia and he is from Midwest USA. Up until about 2 weeks ago, we were handling the distance, talking via messenger daily, and video chatting 2-3 times a week. But the two last week he has felt distant in his messages, and we have only video chatted twice in those 2 weeks. I had a little bit of a breakdown about it yesterday and we talked all night about it. He kept saying he loves me, and doesn't want to give up, but when he says things like "the future and it just has me worried", "i just don't know how far we are really going to be able to take it.." and "You need to remember that we all need a first. I just don't want you think this was a bad idea whatever happens with us", it sounds like on some level he is thinking about giving up on us.

I would be worried about this because I've been fed similar lines before and that didn't end well. He sounds likes he is doubting the relationship and kind of unfair to leave you hanging. A tell tale sign is def the lack of communication, esp if that has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks. He does sound like he is giving up and the sad thing is he could tell you how much he wants you just to not have conflict. When my LDR guy came over, he talked about similar things and I straight up asked him if he wanted to break up. He said no, but later I found out he was unhappy in the relationship. I would have much rather had the truth them me overanalyzing everything afterwards. If the distance continues, consider breaking up and looking elsewhere, the inconsistency will wear on you.

Comment

Originally posted by katiealexis View Post

I'm of the school of thought that worry doesn't fix anything. I doubt I would worry. However, I would be mindful of his words and look to see if his actions line up with his words. Do his actions indicate that he wants to continue the relationship?

Comment

Working...
      X