Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I stop..?

Hi everyone,

I've been in a LDR for around 4 months with my boyfriend, we've been going strong. We met online but we talk every day on skype and he just makes me the happiest and luckiest girl ever. But recently, I've been feeling rather annoying and clingy towards him. As I'm still in college, I constantly think about him and I text him when he's at work (he only replies after he knocks off) and is always feeling sad because it has come to a point where the phone calls and texts is not enough anymore and just need more than that.

It upsets me every day, with the inclusion of our limited time with another due to time differences, we sometimes don't call until the weekends or at least an hour in 2 days maximum. I send him long appreciative texts every night before bed, but this has slowly become repetitive and annoying on my side. I feel like I'm being too needy in this relationship which would in turn make him sick of me or just all the more not appreciate my efforts in showing how I appreciate him since this is something I always do now. How do I stop myself from feeling upset all the time and be less annoying in this relationship?

Hey you !

Have you talked to him about what you feel ? Maybe he will understand and try to be more present for you, and maybe plan to meet soon, as you're saying the phone calls and Skype are not enough anymore.

Also, I think that you should try to focus on something else, to not live your life through this relationship only and thus be less needy and more independant.
    Focus more on yourself, do things that you enjoy, see friends, focus on college, whatever you like, but distract your mind from it.

Hope it helped you a bit

Have a nice day

Comment

Hello Lucrux.
      Here my opinion :

You are in a state of total dependence to him. That is NOT GOOD.
      You have to focus on your life.
      Of course the strong feelings you have for him are beautiful, but i will be blunt, he will suffocate from it on the long run.

You need to canalize thede feeling.
      Divert your mind.
      You are in college so focus on your studies.
      Outside of college find some activities, meet your friends.
      A very good thing to do in these cases is to choose a skill you want to develop and focus on it (for me it was making small models of boats) it can be anything.

Doing that will make you grow as a human being and you will notice clearly how more canalized you are with your LDR.
      I guarantee you that he will appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X