Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from an LDR newb

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the site as of today and fairly new to an LDR. I met my lady in August and almost instantly fell head over heels (and this from a person who never believed in love at first sight!). It was mutual and we proceeded over the next few days to a level of physical and emotional intimacy at a speed that was entirely new to me. We have met twice since August (including a wonderful, incredibly romantic whirlwind trip to New York) and will be getting together again this weekend.

I realize that we're lucky to have had this many get-togethers already, but the time apart is killing me (almost literally, I think), with me having all the physiological symptoms of being in love and yet not having many occasions for physical expression of that love (in person, that is). The result is a high level of anxiety, coupled with the realization that while she is definitely interested in me, I am almost certainly more interested in her and hence suffering more; as a workaholic, she pours her life into her artistic career and I must come second (though I realize, intellectually, am fortunate to rank that high on the list). The result is that this relationship is rather harder on me than on her. Nevertheless, this is the real deal and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this work, and I'm hoping she is. So please bear with me as I ride the rollercoaster of crushing, caring, sacrifice, love, lust, anxiety, fear, and doubt. Thanks in advance for any support!

--Tenebrae

Welcome to LFAD, Tenebrae!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
      X