Is she embarrassed about me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she embarrassed about me?

I have closed distance with my of 3 years (online for 2+ years) and in person for 6 months. I moved to her country but still she keeps me a secret. The first time I visited her country, she told me not to walk her at places where her friends hang out so they don't know me because she was too embarrassed to tell her friends she met a guy online, I understood that and didn't say anything. Even after I moved here and met her every week, she hasn't introduced me to any of her close friends. She did ask me once and I was busy with classes and that's it, she never brought that topic again.

I used to travel 2 hours from my home to her office to pick her up after work and accompany her. wherever we go, I carry her bag and everything. Last night, we were holding hands and walking in front of her office and one of her coworker saw us so she quickly grabbed her bag and told me not to walk next to her. I told her I was disappointed and she said she doesn't want her colleagues to know about her personal life. Its not just colleagues, she doesn't want her close friends knowing about me either. I feel like she is embarrassed about me or something. She doesn't have another bf, that I know for sure. The fact that she doesn't acknowledge my existence hurts me a lot and whenever I bring this up, she says I'm being whiny and immature complaining about it. What should I do?

I doubt it's abut embaressment. Is is about culture, religion, custom, online dating? Anyways, you are not being childish and she should compromise. I don't talk about my personal life at work ever and my friends have not met my boyfriend of 5 years (few has) mainly because they haven't had the opportunity. If he was visiting and there would have been a party then I would have taken him but I think organizing a cofee with a friend alone and taking him is a bit odd. But they do know about him.

No you don't have to tolerate it. You can tell her your expectation of PDA and introductions in relationship and she tells hers and then you find something that is appropriate for both. You don't have to be someones secret.

Comment

Working...
    X