Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa advice and help.

Hello,
    I am planning on closing the distance soon to live with my boyfriend in the US. I have been reading up on Visas and immigration to get as much knowledge as possible before I begin application and was wondering if anyone here who has been through this process would be willing to share there experience and tips if possible. Any advice or gained experience would ve gratefully appriciated.

Oh if this isnt the correct thread for this sort of topic apologies I wasnt sure where to post this.
    When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

I highly recommend you take a look at visajourney.com. They are a community of people who have gone through or are currently working on the US visa process.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
      I highly recommend you take a look at visajourney.com. They are a community of people who have gone through or are currently working on the US visa process.
      Thank you very much I shall give it a look over most appriciated.

Comment

I second checking out visajourney. I've used it as a guide throughout my immigration process so far, and it has been an invaluable resource! I moved over in April, so if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them if you like

Comment

Yeah I will deffo be giving it a look over. Congratulations on closing the distance :-) I wish you guys the best of luck:-)
          Thank you that would be helpful and greatly appriciated. Okay if im asking a lot of questions at a time I apologise..so I will start simple.
          What type of Visa did you apply for?
          Who did you get to sponsor you?

Comment

I have been through the process for the fiance visa 3 years ago! i followed visajourney to a T and it all worked out!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry92 View Post
              Yeah I will deffo be giving it a look over. Congratulations on closing the distance :-) I wish you guys the best of luck:-)
              Thank you that would be helpful and greatly appriciated. Okay if im asking a lot of questions at a time I apologise..so I will start simple.
              What type of Visa did you apply for?
              Who did you get to sponsor you?
              Thank you, it's been a tough journey at times, but we'll worth it!

We applied for the K1 fiance visa, although in hindsight we'd definitely have gone for the CR1 spousal visa - if you check out visajourney they have excellent guides that explain each one in greater detail. My husband made enough on his own to act as my sole sponsor, so we thankfully didn't have to worry about finding a sponsor. Anyone who is a USC or even a green card holder can sponsor you if they meet the financial requirements.

Don't worry about the questions...it can be super daunting and there is a ton of info out there - ask away!

Comment

I'm also going through the US-visa process.
                We are applying for K1 as we don't want to wait out the longer processing times for CR1.

Visajourney is great!

Comment

Thats great I hope you guys get it soon :-)

Comment

Originally posted by littlewingxx View Post
                    Thank you, it's been a tough journey at times, but we'll worth it!

We applied for the K1 fiance visa, although in hindsight we'd definitely have gone for the CR1 spousal visa - if you check out visajourney they have excellent guides that explain each one in greater detail. My husband made enough on his own to act as my sole sponsor, so we thankfully didn't have to worry about finding a sponsor. Anyone who is a USC or even a green card holder can sponsor you if they meet the financial requirements.

Don't worry about the questions...it can be super daunting and there is a ton of info out there - ask away!
                    Thats awesome im glad you guys made it work :-) So the K1 required your fiance to have finicial stability? Im guessing like certain amount of earnings or savings?
                    Also did you guys have to prove the engagement was real? (Seen I know a lot of them are denied as they are only for green cards)

Comment

Both the K1 and the CR1 require your fiance/spouse to have either a particular amount in savings or assets, or for them to earn a specific amount on an annual basis. If you search on Google for 2017 USCIS poverty guidelines, that will give you some indication on what those amounts are. The amount required depends on the size of the USC's household. So if for example it would just be you and your fiance, as long as they earn enough to support two people, you are good to go.

For the K1, you need to prove that you have a bona fide relationship and we submitted a lot of evidence to prove this. With the initial packet that we sent in, we had photos, passport stamps and boarding passes, chat logs, emails, hotel visits, cards from family etc. If you or your fiance had any previous marriages then you must also submit any/all divorce decrees, and you are both required to submit a signed statement indicating your intent to get married within 90 days of arriving in the USA. Your fiance will also need to submit financial documentation proving they can support you; three years tax returns, bank statements, w4's and a letter from their employer stating that they have a job etc. If you're from a country which is considered low fraud, then you shouldn't have really any problems. Once your petition is approved and you have your interview, you can take further evidence if you have any and you have to take an updated letter of intent to marry as well. Though for me anyway, at my interview they didn't look at any of the evidence I brought with me.

Hope this makes sense! It can be very daunting when you first go into it, but it's totally doable if your case is straightforward and visajourney is an invaluable resource to have to help you. One more thing I forgot to mention, you must have met face to face at least once in two years prior to filing a petition!

Comment

This is beyond helpful thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions it is greatly appriciated! I shall take it all onboard as I research more into the process and documentaion needed. You yave been a massive help thank you so very much :-)

Comment

No problem! Good luck with your journey and if you need any help or have any other questions, feel free to message me. Also, definitely check out visajourney...they are a treasure trove of information, advice and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewingxx View Post
                            No problem! Good luck with your journey and if you need any help or have any other questions, feel free to message me. Also, definitely check out visajourney...they are a treasure trove of information, advice and experience.
                            Thanks and if I do I shall deffo message you as you have been a huge help. :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X