Meeting, anxiety and depression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting, anxiety and depression.

Hey, I've been with my partner for almost four years now and were going to meet for the second time in about a month from now. I got the tickets today and we'll get to spend four weeks together, as excited as i am I'm also anxious and upset because I know that after those four perfect weeks we'll have to go long distance again for a few more months and I remember how bad i felt the last time I left. Im worried I'll feel even worse this time because I still haven't gotten over last time and it makes me so anxious and upset and I feel like i csnt even be eccited about us meeting.. anyone got some tips to cope with this anxiety and leaving the one you love?

Thank you

Hi...

Sorry to ask, but is this the same thread? Looks to me it is. If not, I'm sorry.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Yes, thought it would fit better in the visits section.

Comment

It's natural to think about the separation than the togetherness, but I would say in this case let the future take care of itself. Focus on the time you are sharing together. I won't be with my girlfriend again until some time in February and I'm already counting the moments, but in the meantime--life.

One thing that may help, even though your meeting hasn't occurred yet, is this quotation, I think from Dr. Seuss--"Don't cry because it's over--smile because it happened." Remembering my last couple of visits with my girlfriend has helped to get me through some rough moments. Best of luck!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X