Meeting and anxiety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting and anxiety.

Hey, I've been with my partner for almost four years now and were going to meet for the second time in about a month from now. I got the tickets today and we'll get to spend four weeks together, as excited as i am I'm also anxious and upset because I know that after those four perfect weeks we'll have to go long distance again for a few more months and I remember how bad i felt the last time I left. Im worried I'll feel even worse this time because I still haven't gotten over last time and it makes me so anxious and upset and I feel like i csnt even be eccited about us meeting.. anyone got some tips to cope with this anxiety and leaving the one you love?

Thank you

Hi!

I know you posted this a couple of months ago, but I noticed you logged on a few days ago so maybe you'll see this.

Did you guys end up reuniting after you posted this?

I just want to say that you are not alone. It's actually refreshing to hear someone else say "I'm worried I'll feel even worse." and "I feel like I can't be excited about us meeting." I felt the same way - I still do feel that way. Every one of us that plans to see our LDR knows that the departing day eventually has to come, but you just have to try your very best not to let it ruin the time you have with your SO while you have it.

There are so many people that have yet to see their SO in person, so just remember how lucky you are. And you know something else that keeps me going? I always think to myself... I am so lucky that I live a life where this goodbye hurts so much because it means I've found someone that special. All of the pain is just proof that there is someone in your life that you care about THAT much! And that's awesome! Not every person in this world can say that, you know?

Let the anxiety be a validation that you're one of the lucky ones. Leaving will never get easier, but you both have to hope and fight for the day that you won't have to separate anymore. On this forum alone, there are so many success stories.

I hope that you were able to spend your four weeks together and make amazing memories!

Comment

Thank you for yor reply Yes, we did. We're together right now but I'm leaving tomorrow..:/ It's been really hard on boyh of us today but we're getting better and your reply really helped so thank you!

Comment

Aww really? How was it with him? What’s your favorite memory you had these last few weeks?

You’re so strong for having to separate and I completely know how that feels. I’m really sorry.

Comment

It was perfect, we got married a few days ago and that was the best memory I had with him it was magical. Thank you for the support, we're planning on getting together again in about three months so we have something to look forward to.

Comment

Oh wow!!! Oh my gosh, congratulations! That’s so exciting and nice. I’m so happy for you. I love it when things feel magical. Those are the best memories. It’s so nice you have something to look forward to. 3 months will go by faster than you think

Comment

Thank you so much! I really hope it'll go by as quickly as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X