missing my man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing my man

I am in a relationship with a man in USA army and I've not heard from him in days. This is my first time and its all so daunting. How do I cope not knowing if he's safe where he is.

So he's in the army. Did he tell you he'd be going on a hike or so, where he can't have contact? Or did he just stop responding?
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

He didn't say he was going anywhere, he's acting sergeant and in Palestine at the moment. I know its only been 3 days so far but seems a lifetime. He did say that sometimes he can't use the computor. But you just worry and mind goes overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanette14 View Post
        He did say that sometimes he can't use the computor.
        How did you prepare for that possibility?
        Of course I can understand you're worried.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

This is my first relationship with an army man. His last message he sent me was saying that he misses me and loves me. We have had a couple of video links to talk. But he usually messages every evening. I know there's times he can't message. Its the not knowing that doesn't help.

Comment

My fiance is in the US Navy, and serves on a submarine. I don't know much about the Army, but I do know that they often go on a lot of field trainings that can last several weeks at a time, and they have no contact. Just remind yourself that he's working and you'll hear from him soon enough. Waiting is awful, but this is unfortunately the life we live as a military significant other.

As mentioned, my fiance is on a submarine. He goes on long underways (trainings) and I only have contact via email, which is very scarce at times. Sometimes I don't get emails for days. Sometimes our emails don't get to each other. It's a rough life, but we manage. I know he's working, I know he's busy, and I know how difficult communication on a submarine can be. It's hard to not let your mind wander, but just hold on to optimism and faith that he's okay. Hang in there.
            [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
            Cherie & Jeffrey
            Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
            Engaged: 7/7/2017
            Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
            MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
            Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
            Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Thank you, I know he's retiring soon. He's on a peace mission in Palestine. I know there's problems out there at the moment. So that's why I worry more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanette14 View Post
                Thank you, I know he's retiring soon. He's on a peace mission in Palestine. I know there's problems out there at the moment. So that's why I worry more.
                Be careful mentioning his location. You don't want to potentially put his safety at risk.
                [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
                Cherie & Jeffrey
                Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
                Engaged: 7/7/2017
                Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
                MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
                Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
                Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Thank you I didn't think of that.

Comment

Working...