I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I need help

Hello, sorry for the exaggerated title, but I think that I need help to solve some things as soon as I can.
    So, I recently entered in a LDR. I met this person online and I had some feelings for her at first, but I tried to control them and remain friends with her. I managed to do it, but when I decided to visit her in real life she kissed me. I never had a girlfriend and deep down I still liked her, so I just decided to enter in a LDR with her. But now I'm back in my country and I miss her so much: I think she's just perfect for me for some reasons that I won't explain so you don't have to read too much stuff.
    The thing is: I am afraid of missing her too much or becoming addicted to her. What I think I should do is to improve my social circle (I rarely go out with friends and I only have 1) and get more busy, but I'm kind of unexperienced to LDR and I wondered if there were some ways to feel less her distance. I am very emotional and I can suffer a lot, but I want this to continue. What should I do? Thanks for reading all of this and for your eventual answer, it means a lot to me.

Hello there
    Missing her is totally normal, and yes, sometimes it even hurts.
    To survive the distance, it's important to not base your whole life around this relationship. Meeting new people and going out with friends is a really good idea. Keep yourself busy as much as possible between your calls/ texting sessions with your hobbies, with school or with things that you enjoy doing. It's important to share some time together over the distance (calls, Skype,textings etc...) but it's also essential to have your own life the rest of the time, and to not be in the constant wait of her.
    Also, if you feel really down because of the distance, don't hesitate to tell her about it, she probably feels the same and you guys can support each other through this.

I hope this helped
    Last edited by Elzah; December 30, 2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Hi!
      I know it can be quite overwhelming especially if it's your first LDR.

A tip I've read somewhere and really helped me and my boyfriend so far, is to not consider the distance on the daily basis. To treat the relationship (except when planning a trip obviously ��) just like a short distance relationship, with a little bit more seriousness, lots more honesty and engagement. That made us a bit more "chill" about time and distance overall.

Another thing that might reassure you is to know that things will most likely work if you want them to. So relax, take your time (you have as long as you want this relationship to last to know more about your partner) have your own personal time and communicate with your S.O as honestly as you possibly can.

I wish you the best. Good luck, the journey will really be worth it.

Comment

Hellow Krio & co !

I think that, in the first place, you need to answer this : when will you guys be able to meet again ? are you both ready to wait 'til then ? And after that, when next ? Also, I understood you lived in two different countries, am I wrong ? Is one of you ready to leave his own, including friends and family —tho not forever, ofc—, in order to close the distance ?
        If everything's okay with you guys, then, it's good ! If not, you need to fix this, 'cause it's quite an issue .. I mean, you're teens and such but .. I do think that, in order to be in an LDR and to make it works, you need to be sure 'bout what you really want. If not wholeheartedly, you won't be able to manage this to last pretty long —or, even if you do, that would be a shame in the end. (Sorry to put it like this but ... it's something that happened to my bf, and it's not worth at all, one —or both— ending pretty harmed )

If everything's set on your mind, then, I think there's no much to add to the previous advice ... just keep busy ; this will help you not missing her too much, and develop your personality, keeping you interessant, and giving you guys talking points ! Also, think more 'bout quality, not quantity : instead of keeping in touch all day long and such, prefer Skyping or calling each other once a day (if possible, else, as much as you can), not for so long. It could last only 10 minutes, it's still great ! Ofc, hours-long conversations are good too, but not too often, this would kill your subjects and you'll only have her in your life ... which ofc isn't good for both your personal health ! So .. that's it. Hope we helped ya >//< and good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X