Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen him in 4 years...

Newbie here...
    I haven't ever used an online forum like this before, but it would be nice to communicate with other people in similar life situations when it comes to this Long Distance thing.
    Now, officially, it's not an official relationship. We met in 2014, fell in love, and then I had to return home to Canada. I was visiting my biological mother in the states while going through a tough time back in Canada. I was dealing with a drug addiction, and was also homeless. When I returned home, I struggled for a while but eventually got back onto my feet, and Nic (my LDR), helped me through much of it. We spoke of me moving down there, but it was always just hopeful talk and never really amounted to anything.
    We both dated other people, and continued living our respective lives, but spoke every day and were in love. Every day for the past 4 years I have just been falling more and more in love with.
    Well... after not seeing him since March, 2014 I am finally returning on Febraury 25 for a week long visit with him. We are both single right now, very much still inlove, and very much still living in different countries... Talk of me moving back there has been brought up again...
    Who here has done the move for their significant other? I want to do it so badly, it's just so terrifying. Leaving my life that I've known behind, moving away from all my friends and family... Having to find a new job... In my mind, he is worth giving all that up for. It's just probably the biggest thing I have ever had to decide before in my life.
    So yeah, if anyone else here has their own stories they would like to share, I am all ears!! It's always wonderful hearing other people's stories!

Thanks so much <3

Firstly hello and welcome!
    I myself am still relatively new to this forum but I can say you have come to the right place. The community here is beyond amazingly helpful and supportive with real life experience and tips.

I am currently in the beginning stages of closing the distance myself I live in Scotland and my SO lives in USA, so I completely understand how you feel. The thought of leaving your friends and family and the home you know can be extremely terrifying but if you truly feel like it is the right choice then it will feel less of a horror and more of a massive accomplishment. Plus if things do not quite feel right or the home sickness gets to much you can always go back home for a visit to help take the edge off :-). On the the job topic I would advise maybe looking into jobs or companies that support Visa programs that way your new job will sponsor your Visa and help you with it plus it means you have immediate employment so do not have to worry about it too much, just a thought.
    Whatever you end up doing I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope it all works out for you
    When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

My lady and me are in an LDR for almost 17 months now and will not be meeting until the 25th month of our relationship. May be even until 4 years, depends. So I know a little bit how you feel.
      For me, too, it feels like I am still cleaning up mess behind me and sometimes I think everything is going wrong in stead of right - except me loving my ladies (my gf and her daughter). That pulls me through, no matter how hard it is. Just knowing they love me is enough to get up for every day again, and do what I have to do to be a better person.
      I'm not going to tell you everything that is going on, but I can tell you I have a lot of things going on - including not having seen my son for half a year because his mother (my ex-wife) is keeping me away from him. So yeah, that is hard. Still, I have confidence that all will be alright one day, as long as I keep working on it.
      I think you have a good mindset and you can make it. Keep up the good things.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

First of all, I so like your story, it's the definition of pure love, congrats😄!! it's an inspiration to many includes me. I wish I'll be able to find that one like you did and live such beautiful story .
        You seem a strong person, you got back your life together and on your feet! That's not easy you know. So I'm sure you'll be able to do the next big step and move with your lover as you did the first one. Sometimes all what it needs is going for it because lot of thinking and fear consume time .

Comment

Working...
        X