Things are getting better but still frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are getting better but still frustrated

Hey guys. So I posted some threads about my new LDR relationship with my boyfriend and like how we have to keep it a secret from his parents. Things between us have been better in terms of communication and I was getting better on being on my own and getting through my day as I look forward to the times we get to talk. So the relationship is good in my opinion but just thinking about the situation is just frustrating. I know that I have to accept how things are and make the best of them in terms of a LDR... But I just want him to come back. I just want his parents to let him to make his own decisions and let him come back next semester (since it's kind of too late now...) and let him see me whenever he wants. And everytime I think about his situation with his parents constantly controlling him and his life it just makes me upset and frustrated. It's hard because for the months I've been with him when he was here he could make his own decisions and be who he wants to be and now he can't. He has to put up with his dad berating him, making choices for him, threatening him (in terms of like taking his phone, computer, or car), and just overall having to put up with it. He shouldn't have to. As much as I want him to put his foot down because he is in college and is 21, it's such a big and serious thing to basically give his parents the middle finger and run away. I just want to prove to both of our parents (my mom doubts this relationship will last and thinks my boyfriend doesn't care for me) that we are good for each other and can make our own decisions. I know and want that I want him in my life forever... The wedding, the kids, the growing old... All of it. We both see it... But missing him and knowing his situation at home is so frustrating. He doesn't want me to worry about him but I do, I always will.

And we are trying to come up with reasons why he should come back and they fair reasons but I think his dad will just forgo them and want him to stay. He even says that he isn't happy being at home... So why be at home if he's not happy? Because his parents will pay anything to keep him home. But a part of me just wants him to be here no matter what they say or do. If I have to work to support the both of us that's fine (I'm graduating this semester) until he can start paying or taking out some loans fine... I can handle the long distance I just can't handle how his life is being controlled by his dad. Am I just thinking emotionally? What should we do? I refuse to let go of him. Like I said the relationship is good and getting better to getting used to LDR... Just knowing my bf's situation makes things hard and makes me wish he was here even more.
    Stay Strong and Love

Is the situation still like this now? I realise you posted this a while ago now.

Comment

Working...
    X