Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A word of encouragement?

Hi all,

I never was a big believer of long distance relationship. Ever. Knowing my character, and my inability sometimes to make time for the people who are important for me. I always thought that if I ever was confronted with that dilemma, I’d rather do the simplest thing, and break up.

Obviously, if I’m writing here today it is because I’m reconsidering my options. Reading the threads on this website has given me hope that maybe I can achieve a successful LDR although I know it is hard and sometimes hurtful...

My boyfriend of six months is moving away to start his dream job, which is at the total opposite of the country. No real possibilities of seeing each other often, given the fact that he is only off-duty a week out of the entire month. As for me, I’m a full time student working part time, which means that I am limited in money to travel and free time.

I love this man, I love him so much, but I don’t know if seeing each other three times a year, for the next few years is a safe bet. I feel like holding onto this fresh relationship would be detrimental to him and to me... and I just need someone to help me.

I need your perspective. What do you think of my situation? Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated. 🙁

i'm in the same situation my dear :c i've done a similar post in which i asked a word of encouragement too..
    i think that, if you really like him, you should try! It's not impossible, but you have to be motivated and try hard to not give up.If you love him, don't give up, try! Sometimes life gets more difficult, but if you try your best at the end you will be rewarded

/i'm sorry for my english, it's very difficult for me/

Comment

Hi Kelly,

I know that it sounds scary, but you sound like you really do love this man and it sounds like he really does love you. Distance is always going to be temporary for a couple that wants to spend forever together. I think at the very least, it is something you should try to do. You would be amazed at how much stronger an LDR relationship can be than your ordinary relationship. You learn a lot of things about love and most importantly, about yourself. You really do.

If it doesn't work out, then you can at least say you tried it out. You don't want to break up with him because he's going to be far away and always wonder "What if I tried?" Again, there's nothing wrong with you, him or the relationship if it doesn't work out from a distance... but you won't know until you try. It'll be one of the hardest experiences, but the best things in life come from them.

Let me know what you end up deciding! At the end of the day, you know what's best for you!

Comment

Working...
      X