Canada to India.. any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada to India.. any info?

Hello there, I am brand new here and need some advice on visiting my boyfriend in India

I have zero experience with traveling somewhere like India, and I'm not sure if they require a VISA to enter the country,
    (even if you're only visiting for like two weeks?) Does anyone know if entering India requires a VISA and how to go about getting one?
    this is one of the major things setting me and my boyfriend back from visiting each other and we really need the most info we can get right
    now about me visiting him... any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Helena

I don't have any experience with traveling to India from Canada, but with quick google i found this https://www.evisaindia.org/
    That looks like what you need to apply for
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I used the eVisa when I went to India...it's valid for 30 days and super easy to do online. However, it was a pain in the butt to get thru immigration in Kolkata with it. My Indian brother in law had literally over a hundred people in front of him in his line and he beat us through. It took about two hours because some agents just say there casually chatting, and there were issues with the fingerprinting machines not working. Not sure if that would happen with a regular visa process--maybe. Anyway, it was super easy beforehand. It's valid 4-30 days before you enter India, so don't apply for it really early in case you miss a flight and you get to India after it's not valid any more (almost happened to us...we applied for it 30 days in advance of the trip, got it twoish days later, and almost missed our connection to Dubai).
      Where are you going? I hope you have a lovely time and please travel safely...unfortunately, India is not the best place for a single woman and you will be leered at constantly...even when (maybe even more so) your SO present. Don't dress in anything that could possibly be seen as provocative, even though you most likely will be leered at regardless. Good luck!
      sigpic

Comment

When are you planning on going Helena? I have been to India 3 times and never had a problem with delays at immigration in Delhi. I have however never got the evisa. Its easy enough to get a regular visa other than the evisa.

Comment

Working...
        X