Care Packages- Ideas & Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care Packages- Ideas & Inspiration

Sending letters may be romantic, but you suddenly get the idea for a care package. But what to put? You want to be creative and romantic and yet, not too over the top so that your partner doesn't feel overwhelmed (or intimidated for that matter). So let's talk about care packages ideas!

My favorites:
    - His/Her favorite candy or snacks
    - A personal item of yours (there's another thread for more ideas on that end!)
    - Pictures

If they have come to visit you and found something that they cannot get at home, that would be something great to send them.

Comment

Every time I've sent him a care package, I've loaned out a book to him. I also gave him things he needed.

When he was in Spain, I sent him things he couldn't find there, like his favorite chewing gum, travel packs of Kleenex, and crossword puzzles in English (as well as the loaner book).

For moving out to Arizona, I sent him packages of brownie and muffin mix, a box of granola bars, a US road map, a guide book about Arizona, a book by his favorite author, and some new underwear, since hey, everyone can always use clean underwear. And some of his was getting pretty grotty.

I like to give him stuff that I know he'll need. As well as you know, letters and pictures. I also include a letter and some pictures when I send a care package. In fact, the moving to Arizona one, I sent a whole photo album with pictures of all our friends, not just the two of us.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

The care package could be themed.

For instance, if they have a cold (and you can get the package to them fast enough):
        -tissues
        -can or packet of chicken soup (I'm not actually sure if this can go in the mail or not, depending on where you are sending it) and/ or cough drops
        -a favourite DVD
        -a blanket
        -a get well soon card

Seasonal, e.g. Halloween:

-spooky drawing or card (there are so many craft ideas out there!)
        -make a list of top costumes (your favourites, what you would pick for him/ her, the strangest/ funniest costumes you have heard of, etc.)
        -generate a madlib of a scary story and a funny costume party story which would involve both of you + decorate them (e.g., mount or print it on orange paper and draw or cut out little bats, skeletons, cats, etc.)
        -make or buy a little, Halloween-themed container and put Halloween candies inside (e.g., a mix of mini chocolate bars, black and orange jelly beans, black and orange Smarties, etc.)
        -make a Mr. Pumpkin Head (use orange craft foam or pre-cut craft foam to make the shape of a pumpkin and then use black or yellow craft foam to cut out different shaped eyes, noses, and mouths, which your SO can decorate the pumpkin with. If you want it to be more reusable, include small pieces of velcro that can be stuck on or some other removable adhesive, like poster stickies) Edit: felt would also be good and would make it so you only need one side of the velcro, possibly

...okay, I'd better stop with the Halloween idea, because I could go on for quite some time. Maybe this is a sign that I should be making my SO a Halloween care package, since I am so obsessed with celebrations! (I would be pretty excited if he made me this same package, too, but somehow I am a lot more crafty and artsy with things like this...)

Comment

I love the idea of the Halloween care package. I might get on doing that for my SO in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrittBlaz View Post
            I love the idea of the Halloween care package. I might get on doing that for my SO in a few weeks.
            Awesome! I would love to see a picture/ hear about what you made, when you are finished!

Comment

My SO didnt have a camera and I wanted him to be able to take pictures of our kitten and stuff he's been up to while I'm gone. MY older camera still works, (it just has this glitch where it makes VERY annoying clicky sounds) but its a good camera so I sent that to him including an adapter for the power cord.

I know he's taken pictures he just hasnt actually put them on facebook or anything yet...thats boys for you thought isnt it?
              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Make a "time capsule" box putting in things he may of mentioned he loved when he was a child! My bf got into the convo once of the "phases" we went through as kids like the pokemon, power rangers, pogs, etc and it gave me this idea why not send him some things to remind him of good times!
                Example:
                My boyfriend loved lucky charms cereal, ninja turtles, and power rangers.
                So I would put in a little one serving size box of Lucky Charms, maybe a ninja turtle action figure, and a power rangers t- shirt. Of coarse you would want to add a picture of yourself with the date you met or something on it

Another idea is to find out what his or hers fave color. My bf's is blue so I would get a bunch of blue stuff and put it all in a box and try to get a blue box!
                Things to put in:
                Blue shirt
                Blue tooth brush
                Blue Playdough
                Blue Dog
                Blue Man Group DVD (or green day if their fave color is green :P)
                Blue Otterpops!
                Blue Socks
                Blue Hair Dye
                Blue Picture of yourself

Hope these ideas help!
                -Amelia
                "Forever and Always"
                sigpic

Comment

I think a box filled with little things that you know they would like. Since me and my SO are both students, we like to get little things that we actually need, like soaps and school supplies and stuff. Once he sent me a box with a stuffed animal in it, along with a shirt of his, and it was awesome X3 If I were to make a care package today I'd probably put in some body spray or cologne, some socks or something, a memory stick with photos on it, a cute letter and a drawing, some candy or gift card to a food place he likes, and maybe another little something I made for him. It's the small things that count.

Comment

Packages often get lost or stolen in my SO's country so I usually try to fit everything in a letter (which also gets lost often). So I'll make a collage or something that can be folded, I'll send him brochures from places I've been recently and of course, pictures.

Another thing is little 3x5 cards with tape to put around his apartment. On each card I write a cute love quotation or I'll draw him something. He loves having them around his apartment and says that it makes him smile to see!

Comment

Omg call2ldn those are both two of the best ideas EVER! I LOVE them!

When your together if you have a video or digital camera with video take as much footage as you can. Especially being random or at your favourite places.

Then edit them into a video to put on DVD for your SO.

I'm in the process of attempting to do that....when I get my software sorted out!
                      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                      X