Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet Me in St Louis - Our First Meet

Hey Everyone!!
    What an amazing time!! I'm so excited that we met, but it was so hard to say goodbye. The first day mom and I drove into St Louis (SO and mom decided she should go just incase something did happen), we arrived and got checked in right at 4:00pm.
    This was the view as I arrived in St Louis.
    I got cleaned up and then I headed to the arch to meet Randy.

Here's the picture of me right before we met.
    IMG]https://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff505/HeatherMarie1987/Meet%20Me%20In%20St%20Louis%20-%20Randy%20and%20Me/Abouttogoupthestairstoseehim.jpg[/IMG]
    Finally I walked up the steps to meet him at the arch. My heart was beating out of my chest and my hands were shaking but I couldn't wait. The second I saw him it took my breath away. Although it took a while for me to stop shaking all the nerves just melted away. He was exactly what I expected. We just stood directly under the center of the arch and hugged, we were never going to let go. Here's a picture of us right after we met (after we stopped hugging).
    We walked around the arch for a few minutes, sat down for a few minutes and just took each other in. I almost wasn't able to look at him because everytime I did I just busted into a fit of giggles. He also gave me my present. We decided to take a carriage ride, and I loved it!

After that we walked down and ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was delicious. I absolutely just loved sitting across from him.

After that we walked around downtown St Louis until it was dark. Then we headed back to the hotel (we did get lost on the way back). I gave him his presents and he gave me my second present (out of many). We just sat and cuddled, and my mom ended up meeting us and she got to meet my sweetheart.

We ended up getting dessert, and talking with my mom for a little while. He shared his whipped cream. (I don't know why I look so terrible in this picture).

Then we sat and cuddled some more. Finally we headed to bed around 11:00pm. I wasn't feeling good so I was hoping if I went to bed it would help. I slept for a few hours then woke up at 3:30am wide awake and was unable to fall back asleep. He was also awake so we talked for a little bit, then finally around 5:30am I fell back asleep. Then we woke up at 8:00am. We went and ate breakfast and it all went downhill for me.
    I do love this picture of us as we were walking back from breakfast.

I got sick and I got really sick. I don't know what happened. It started the night before. I was fine when I first woke up, but after breakfast I started to get really sick. It put a huge damper on everything. Not only was I exhausted from lack of sleep, I was sick, and on top of that my cheek was swollen from a wisdom tooth trying to come in. I fought through it, I didn't want it to ruin the last few hours together but I really wasn't able to enjoy myself like I wanted to. On top of that, we were both down because we knew he was getting ready to leave so I was irritable from being sick and he was down because he had to leave in just a few short hours. We did not make a good team. We went and took pictures down by the river. And we shopped until we dropped. Unfortantly we were both in a funk so it wasn't very enjoyable but it was nice just to be with each other. I dropped him off at the train station and I finally got my kiss; I stayed strong for him but as soon as I left the loading zone I lost it. I cried and I cried and I cried. I was frustrated that today didn't go perfect and I was sick and I was miserable. Mom headed straight home and we got home about 8:10pm. Unfortantly he is still on the train but should be getting home any minute. We don't say goodbye we say see ya laters, and I will be going to his family's Thanksgiving dinner. It's only 5 weeks away and I cannot wait!!
    Unfortantly our last day didn't go too great, but last night was amazing. We hit a little bump in the road today but we aren't letting it stop us. Its hard leaving but I know I'll see him again soon. (All pictures are on my profile under the album "Our First Meet.")

Your pictures are absolutely adorable! I love them I am so happy that you had a good time! You two are so cute together!

Comment

What a bummer about getting sick! I'm so sorry about that disappointment!
      Nevertheless, I can see that even through that, you still had a wonderful time with him! Your words of happiness and your pictures tell the real story!
      Congratulations on finally meeting...here's to the next time you're together!

Comment

very happy to hear from ya!! Great pics...you look soo happy! Sorry you got sick..
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Your pictures are beautiful! It looks like both of you are so happy. Im sorry about that little bump on the road too, but it sounds like all the emotions and the being so nervous just hit you a bit. You wont even remember that soon, you'll only keep the good memories I bet he enjoyed the time with you as much as you did. Im so happy you got to meet him! wish you all the luck for your next meeting!

Comment

Your pictures are so cute! I especially like the last one.
            It's a bummer you were sick but remember that it is a part of life and when you love someone, you get to see them in ALL the parts of life and in ALL the different parts of them! Things can't always be perfect because that wouldn't be real!

I'm so happy that you guys got to meet and are meeting again so soon!

Comment

Good to hear you had a great time!! Im glad everything went well... besides of gettin sick :/ Get well soon!

Comment

Ah, bummer about the getting-sick part... but aside from that it looks like it was a great first meet! First date meeting under the arch...how romantic! ♥
                Thanks for sharing your pictures

Comment

Glad your first meeting went well =) All your pictures are lovely. Shame about getting poorly though, but sometimes these things happen. Thanksgiving is so soon, lucky you =D So you'll be with him again in a few weeks.

Comment

I am so happy for you that I've been brought to tears! I can't believe that I'm tearing up in the airport lol You guys look great together I wish you all the happiness in the world! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Such a romantic first meeting and hug... ahhhhh ♥

You look so happy together, especially the last picture is really great! I'm happy for you

(told ya it would go smoothly )

Comment

aww the pictures are very cute i'm really happy you met him! sorry about you getting sick but i've been there as well.. although it was my boyfriend.. he got sick on one of his trips here, and it sucked because he felt like crap and we couldn't really do as many things.. but that didn't mean that we didn't enjoy each other's company, i still loved being with him every second even if i was trying to warm him up from his chills
                        <3
                        sigpic

Comment

Aw congratulations on finally meeting! You both look real happy and make a lovely couple sorry to hear you got sick though hope you had a good time regardless

Comment

Cute pictures! It's too bad that you got sick, but at least you have those memories now to hold onto. I'm glad things went well after you were so worried they wouldn't.
                            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
                              My SO is in St. Louis...and I haven't met him yet, but he's planning to come see me...but that doesn't mean I don't think about meeting him in a similar situation to yours....you're so lucky!

Comment

Working...
                              X