Facetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facetime

So my SOs birthday is this wednesday and i was think about getting him the new iPod touch with the new face time on it. I have the new iPhone 4 and we would be able to talk like that.
    It is $249.99, what do you think?
    good idea or no?

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

If you have the money and think he'll use it for that, it sounds great. I'd check reviews and see how well it works in real life.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I agree with Silviar. If he'd use it a great deal and not just for that alone then I say get it for him. Can't really put a price on something that nifty.

Comment

Thanks guys, i am goin to do more research.

Comment

It's a little pricey, but if you think it will be worth it and you have the money, go for it.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I didn't know the ipod touch had facetime! I'm totally going to get this! I think it would be an awesome gift if you have the money. But definitely do some research. If you find any terrible reviews, let me know. I think I might do this too.
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
              I didn't know the ipod touch had facetime! I'm totally going to get this! I think it would be an awesome gift if you have the money. But definitely do some research. If you find any terrible reviews, let me know. I think I might do this too.

It is the new ipod touch, I am gonna try to hint around to my SO about it to see if he would use it, if not thats a lot of money to just throw away you know?

Comment

Originally posted by My Hearts in Kentucky View Post
                Thanks guys, i am goin to do more research.
                If he is going to use it for Facetime and other things, I say it's totally worth it. Also, if it helps your research, you can also Facetime from a Mac computer: https://www.apple.com/mac/facetime/

Comment

I would ask him about it first just so that you do not waste the money and whatnot. But if you can afford it, I would go for it! I am getting one for X-mas, and if I could afford to get my SO one I would! For now, I will just have to facetime with my sister, as she will be the only one who I know who will have it :P

Comment

do it! i think 249 bucks is worth seeing eachother everyday. we got new phones from t-mobile RIGHT before the new iphone4 came out i was bummed!

Comment

That sounds like a very unique gift But make sure he's going to use it!

Comment

Thank you guys he told me he would so i may get it!

Comment

great idea! I just got the new ipod touch and then through a series of unlikely events got a new mac.

I actually thought about shipping my SO my ipod touch so we could facetime but...I am too attached to it now....I guess that's selfish but we still use skype : )

Comment

Well personally i would be uncomfortable getting such a pricey gift.......would he be getting you something as well? make sure he realises he doesn;t have to spend 250 dollars xD

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Working...
                            X