Alone in a couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alone in a couple

For those friends and relatives who know you are in a LDR, do they treat you like you are in a couple or because your SO is long distance, treat you like you are single?

For the most part they treat me as if I'm with someone

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

An odd mixture of both actually. My family is great about always thinking about him when we talk about family events, but since he's not here for any of them, I do get the short end of the stick sometimes. For example, we are planning a family vacation to rent a log cabin in which the entire family will stay in, but he may not be able to go so there's a possibility that I wouldn't get a room to myself like all of the other couples. My friends are also great at respecting the fact that I am in a relatinship but every once in awhile I get to go hang out and there's one or two that will start in on how we can work together and get guys at the bar to buy us drinks since my SO isn't actually around.

Comment

I'm fortunate that my family and friends alike treat us like we're a couple.

Comment

I get treated like I'm single, though half the family doesn't know/doesn't care anyway. My mom treats me like I'm single, which is the most annoying part. I'm friends with a guy waiter who's married and his coworkers one day played a trick on him by forging a love note from me and my mom thought it was cute and I was like, uh hi, I have a boyfriend? Then again with the amount of communication between us these days I might as well be single.

Comment

Sometimes my mom will start saying something about how to meet guys in the town my college is in, but I tell her I don't need to. Recently she hasn't done that though! I think she's finally realizing how serious our relationship is.
            I miss you
            courtney+patrick

Comment

Mine treat me the same as they treat anyone in a relationship. My SO has made friends with most of my friends, which helps a lot. He's here fairly often as well.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
              - A. A. Milne

Comment

Well the fact that I stopped going to my brothers because he wouldn't stop setting me up on blind dateskinda answers the question. I have very high hopes that Ian's visit this time will change their point of view, but if it doesn't, I live 45 minutes away from them for a reason!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
                  Well the fact that I stopped going to my brothers because he wouldn't stop setting me up on blind dateskinda answers the question. I have very high hopes that Ian's visit this time will change their point of view, but if it doesn't, I live 45 minutes away from them for a reason!
                  gobsmacked. I feel for you on that.

Comment

Everyone treats me like I'm in a relationship, but that might be because I talk about The Boy an awful lot. My mom doesn't really approve that I'm in a long distance relationship, she's worried that it could end up really hurting me, but thankfully she and the rest of my family respect that I'm in one.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                    -- Anonymous

Comment

Rane & I were both fortunate that everyone treated us as though we were in a relationship.

Comment

I always get treated as a coupled-up lady And often...like a married lady.

Comment

everyone considers angel in planning and asking what "we" are doing for holidays/vacations. but every once in awhile someone says something about a guy. which i can understand out of sight out of mind. but they mostly respect us as a couple.

Comment

We share all of the same friends, although I know his guy buddies treat him like he's single. I don't mind though. My family hasn't really said much about it, but me and my mom gossip to eachother... Sometimes I swear she's still 20...

Comment

I get treated as part of a couple... mainly because I don't give people a chance to treat me otherwise I talk about him a lot.... But they do ask about him a lot. My mum thinks she knows him already (She hasn't met him yet) because I talk about him so much!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X