Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!! We are TOGETHER!!

Hello everyone!

I wish I had found this forum earlier on during my LDR. Anyway, I’m here to share with you my experience in LDR and also, my success story.

I was in a LDR with my boyfriend, let’s call him Rackermann ‘smile’, for almost 3 ½ years. It started in Nov 2006 and for all those years we were apart – it wasn’t easy at all!

We had a lot of frustrations and disappointments in between due to the distance (I’m from Malaysia and he’s from South Africa) and at times, we couldn’t cope with the being so far from one another that we almost gave up on our relationship.

However, we have gone through so much that we thought it’d be a waste to just give up without giving our all. So we continued our LDR. I visited him several times in that duration of 3 ½ years. The trips were all worth it! We spent as much as time as we could during my visits there (he couldn’t take off from work – shame!) and when I went back home, it was sadness and loneliness all over again!

There was this one time I thought it was really over between us when we stopped emailing and contacting each other because of us being suspicious of one another or just plain frustrated with everyone else being with their partners and we were always by ourselves in our respective country. But again, we managed to work things out and came out on top!

Last July, I finally decided to pack up and move to Cape Town to be with him. The reason why it all happened in July was because my father found someone new after being a widow for almost 3 years. Knowing that he has someone to keep him company, it made me feel better in living my life the way I want to. So Rackermann and I talked about things and decided that it would be a good idea for me to move to where he is.

I’m here for almost 7 months now and we have just submitted our Life Partner Permit a month ago. We are waiting for my permit and while waiting, I get to stay here and we are both holding our thumbs so that everything goes the way we want it to. Being here with him in person has been great. No, it has been amazing and the more we got to know each other, the more we sort out our differences – the more we are in love with each other. On my blog, we both wrote on our experiences in LDR and it is so nice to know from his perspective.

If someone told me a year ago that we’d be together for real, I’d tell that someone to go fly kite! I really never thought this day would come and now that it has, I’m so thankful and grateful to the Lord Almighty for making this possible for both us! Both us have a lot of things in common and what really got us through was the HOPE we both have in wanting to be together. I really wish all of you – those who are still in LDR – will get to be with your love soon and that whatever problems you both may face, have faith in your love for another and you’ll get through it all!

Cheers!

CONGRATULATION!! Im so happy to read about others successful story. Its inspired me..and Im Malaysian too!:-D i just go to your blog..and you are a Libra dating a Capri? Thats sounds like my SO and I..:-D Im a Libra. and He is a Capricorn..:-D Wish you all the best in you relationship..and congrats again in closing the distance!:-)

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Comment

Aww, that's wonderful! Thank you for sharing with all of us!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! it really inspires me n i guess to all of us to keep going n success in our LDR. three yrs! wow amaizing true love right there! wish yall the best!

Comment

Awww, that's amazing. 3 years wow. Stories like these really inspire me and even though i'm still young, for some odd reason i really want to be a LDR survivor.
            I wish you and him all the best. You're father too!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Belle View Post
              Hello everyone!

I wish I had found this forum earlier on during my LDR. Anyway, I’m here to share with you my experience in LDR and also, my success story.

I was in a LDR with my boyfriend, let’s call him Rackermann ‘smile’, for almost 3 ½ years. It started in Nov 2006 and for all those years we were apart – it wasn’t easy at all!

We had a lot of frustrations and disappointments in between due to the distance (I’m from Malaysia and he’s from South Africa) and at times, we couldn’t cope with the being so far from one another that we almost gave up on our relationship.

However, we have gone through so much that we thought it’d be a waste to just give up without giving our all. So we continued our LDR. I visited him several times in that duration of 3 ½ years. The trips were all worth it! We spent as much as time as we could during my visits there (he couldn’t take off from work – shame!) and when I went back home, it was sadness and loneliness all over again!

There was this one time I thought it was really over between us when we stopped emailing and contacting each other because of us being suspicious of one another or just plain frustrated with everyone else being with their partners and we were always by ourselves in our respective country. But again, we managed to work things out and came out on top!

Last July, I finally decided to pack up and move to Cape Town to be with him. The reason why it all happened in July was because my father found someone new after being a widow for almost 3 years. Knowing that he has someone to keep him company, it made me feel better in living my life the way I want to. So Rackermann and I talked about things and decided that it would be a good idea for me to move to where he is.

I’m here for almost 7 months now and we have just submitted our Life Partner Permit a month ago. We are waiting for my permit and while waiting, I get to stay here and we are both holding our thumbs so that everything goes the way we want it to. Being here with him in person has been great. No, it has been amazing and the more we got to know each other, the more we sort out our differences – the more we are in love with each other. On my blog, we both wrote on our experiences in LDR and it is so nice to know from his perspective.

If someone told me a year ago that we’d be together for real, I’d tell that someone to go fly kite! I really never thought this day would come and now that it has, I’m so thankful and grateful to the Lord Almighty for making this possible for both us! Both us have a lot of things in common and what really got us through was the HOPE we both have in wanting to be together. I really wish all of you – those who are still in LDR – will get to be with your love soon and that whatever problems you both may face, have faith in your love for another and you’ll get through it all!

Cheers!
              THIS IS SUCH A TRUE INSPIRATION. YES I HAVENT LOST MY HOPES TO. AND DEEP DOWN I MYSELF WANT TO GIVE IT ALL.

Comment

just what I needed to hear right now! Thank you!

Comment

Reported
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for sharing this

Comment

Well done to you both you both must be so happy! Nice to read this gives me hope and arggggggg so jealous I've still got one and a half years to go of this sucky sucky distance.

Comment

Congratulations! This brought a tear to my eye- particularly the last sentence. I'm 2 weeks in to a 1 year LDR, so to hear that you and your partner's relationship survived almost 4 years is incredibly comforting. I have no idea what to expect and I'm starting to feel indescribably anxious. Posts like this comfort me tremendously!

Comment

Working...
                        X