Gonna start the visa process soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna start the visa process soon!

Alright now next month I have to get the visiting marriage/civil partnership visa and i litterly start the visa process next month O_o i am scared to death!! what if i do something wrong??? i could get banned for 10 years!!! What if i dont give them enough information they could deny my application, Denise has a place for us already and im scared to death i wont be able to move there because i might do something wrong or not give them enough information!!!!! i need some advice for anybody who has done this, this is like the hugest thing ive ever had to do in my life and im fucking terrified!!!!

Just take your time! You'll do fine!

Comment

You'll do fine! Just take your time

First Met Online: May 08
      Became a Couple: 4.11.09
      First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
      Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
      Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Hey girl.

They say the ban for ten years .... and it scares people to death. As long as you tell them truth then this punishment doesnt come into effect at all. Even if you get rejected (which I hope you dont) then the ban wont happen. According to a visa lawyer we spoke to, this ban comes into effect for fraud, or saying you have never been in prison and you have, or forging passports and documentation as evidence etc. As long as you submit correct things that havent been forged then you are going to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Girl View Post
          Hey girl.

They say the ban for ten years .... and it scares people to death. As long as you tell them truth then this punishment doesnt come into effect at all. Even if you get rejected (which I hope you dont) then the ban wont happen. According to a visa lawyer we spoke to, this ban comes into effect for fraud, or saying you have never been in prison and you have, or forging passports and documentation as evidence etc. As long as you submit correct things that havent been forged then you are going to be fine.
          oh ok phew!! well im gonna gather alot of information and hope its enough for them

Comment

To add to what Yorkshire girl said - look if you see anything like that that's super frightening, don't panic. Big consequences like being banned only come from an equally big committed crime. So to speak.

If I may, this board may be helpful to you: https://www.board.us2uk.net/

There's another LDR community I belong to that this forum has been highly recommended - they may have useful suggestions during your visa process.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

oooo thank you!

Comment

You'll be fine! Breathe.
                LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

That's so exciting! I don't know anything about that but I just want to say I'm excited for you and good luck. If everything goes as planned about how long until you can move there?

Comment

I think you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by samglam209 View Post
                      That's so exciting! I don't know anything about that but I just want to say I'm excited for you and good luck. If everything goes as planned about how long until you can move there?
                      well if all goes planned possibly by the beginning of the next month after i return i hope

Comment

So about 6 months? That's great! So excited for you!

Comment

Originally posted by samglam209 View Post
                          So about 6 months? That's great! So excited for you!
                          if i have the money defiantly, if i dont may take a little bit longer

Comment

Ya it's that way for anyone though really. Have to have money to move. I still have a year. And then if I do it's possible I will have to move back in with my dad which would suck. And then I'd probably never see the SO cause we both would be working all the time so we could get a place together. But it's better than being 1,000 miles away. Like just remember you atleast get to visit in 6 months and then even if it takes a little while to move after that you still got a visit so be thankful for that. And don't get too frustrated with the paper work. I know I would.haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X