Moving Overseas....O_o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Overseas....O_o

Well, here's my background I've been studying Japanese since high school and Japan has always been a big part of my life. I've also lived there for a year. Anyways, I'm back in hometown and I decided after I graduate I want to move to Arizona with my boyfriend to take a break and to give him some support. Well, I must have had a big influence on my boyfriend because he's been going to Japan every year since he came with me back in 2008. Well, he's become more anxious and wants to move overseas too. He's also become a bit more Anti-American.. and well honestly I believe no country is fully perfect. I believe each country fits a person more so than the other but to be anti-american is well.... . But anyways my question is have you ever been through this with your SO where you influenced him so much with your country or going overseas that eventually he/she likes it better than their own country?
    Last edited by xopookie; January 17, 2011, 10:55 AM.

Hmm... this is a tough question. I'm a USA citizen and I am quite looking forward to living abroad for a while. Am I anti-American? Hell no. While living abroad I have realized how many things I love about the USA, being a USA citizen and how fortunate I am to have been born here. Not to generalize, but I find people who become "sick" of being a USA citizen don't realize how much crappier their life could be. I've been to a lot of poor countries, and trust me, my life could be a helluva lot crappier.

That being said, while living abroad I also found out all the things that are awesome about NOT being in the USA. And I totally look forward to living elsewhere for 5, 10 or even 15 years. But the USA is my homeland. And I know this is where I eventually want to "settle down". I love the USA just like I love every other country I've been to. I love them for how they are different, how they are similar, how they make me feel fortunate, how they make me feel unfortunate, how they stir up all sorts of questions and emotions inside of me...

Well I've gotten to rambling. I love traveling.

Comment

...i wish my so will never hate his country of origin.. so far i like the differences we had (languages, cultures-sometimes its funny, food, song, etc) he love traveling to SE Asia and other countries like USA too..

Comment

Working...
      X