No announcement yet.

what are yalls sOngs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Télépopmusik's "Breathe" is a special song for us. I jokingly said it was "our song", when we found out we both really liked it. Now it's kind of stuck.

Comment

Safe and Sound in Phone Lines - A Change of Pace

One of my favorite songs of ours! I still try not to cry when I listen to it

Comment

Ana Ng (by They might be Giants) has been a song we both liked before we knew eachother.
        Its a lovesong from an American guy to his significant other, how he hasnt met yet. who could live on the other side of the world (in Vietnam) and how its a shame, how they are both growing old, and havent had a chance to meet yet. or maybe ever.
        (cant post the youtube link tho, because im new here sorry..)

Comment

Oh goodness I love this thread!
          Ahhh. My song for him is Now that I have you by The Company and his song for me is Wrapped Up by Olly Murs or Hero by Enrique Eglesias

Comment

Yellow -Coldplay!
            Depth over Distance - Ben Howard. Absolutely perfect
            Tokyo Sunrise - LP! It's perfect for us!
            Starlight - Muse <3
            Last edited by Chifuyu4; February 22, 2016, 12:48 PM.
            Chifuyu

Comment

Originally posted by FadedSunrise View Post
              Fireflies and Vanilla Twilight, by Owl City.
              The first was somehow in his collection of Chinese songs, and came up on his shuffle as the last song before we parted ways on the day we confessed. Then I asked for it to be replayed later, ended up explaining its meaning to him(because his English is terribad), and we just somehow adopted it.

Vanilla Twilight was because he's grown to like Owl City(he says it sounds good, not like he understands the lyrics, haha), and it is such such an LDR song.

Oh yes Vanilla Twilight is perfect!! It was my favourite song even way before I was in an LDR. I guess this was my fate ahha
              Chifuyu

Comment

I actually ask him for a song every month and I add it to a playlist. I make a monthly playlist to reflect my mood.
                My favorites have been:

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (August)
                Flesh and Blood by Johnny Cash (For my Birthday in October)
                Spend a lifetime by jamiroquai (November)

I have "given" him the following:

By your side by Sade
                Already home by Great big World
                Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
                and Crazy Love by Van Morrison

Comment

We share songs often enough to keep track of it.
                  However, something I always associate with him is Moonsorrow. Being death metal and stuff, I usually try to listen to it when my mood is appropriate for that or when I just want to relax. But there are few songs I just associate with him or feelings towards him. I am so lucky I don't understand the Finnish lyrics though, else I doubt they'd cause me feel too positive emotions.

It was special when I was trying to get into Finnish metal and I found Moonsorrow myself and it grew on me so much, and then he said it was one of his favourite bands too. He's someone I can relate in terms of music the most :3
                  Last edited by C.C.; February 22, 2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanJean View Post
                    I actually ask him for a song every month and I add it to a playlist. I make a monthly playlist to reflect my mood.
                    What a great idea!! I really like this. It's an awesome way to connect and learn more about your S/O's musical tastes.

Comment

We send each other songs all the time, I've added everything he's ever sent to me to a playlist.

The ones that really stick out for me are...

The National - England. This is the first song he ever sent to me.

Jason Mraz - I Wont Give Up. He sent me this when I was so down and full of doubt about his commitment. It still makes me teary!

Fleetwood Mac - Songbird. I sent this to him when I realised I was completely in love with him.

Oasis - Slide Away. But the acoustic version by Noel, it's just lovely.

Catfish And The Bottleman - Hourglass. This is defo OUR song, it just completely sums us up.

Comment

Actually that's how it started. He and I both love music but our taste are so different that I only recognized two songs on his ipod. lol
                        It's really a great way to connect and it makes me feel closer to him when I hear songs he's given me.

Not all of them are what we call lovie dovie.....the first song he gave me was Take me to church by Hozier. I'd never heard it before and although it is not traditionally romantic it does hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

We don't really have a song. When we met we kept hearing that song "Shut Up and Dance With Me" and at one point in the hotel lobby I grabbed his hand and danced around, making him smile, laughing with me. It was fun. We can be really goofy sometimes. I think I once sent him a link to a video by The Pretenders called "Ill Stand by You" and I just thought it kind of explained how I felt about him. We don't really agree about music and television completely but we choose to agree to disagree and not let it get in the way of the important stuff. Looks like Ill have to get another TV for the bedroom if he moves in for good!

Comment

We have quite a lot of 'songs', in fact have our own playlist! Some songs with romantic lyrics like Ellie Goulding - 'Army' or The Beatles - 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' or Jack Johnson - 'Better Together' or just songs we both really like, like Chemical Brothers - 'Swoon' and Roger Sanchez - 'Another Chance'. Some amusing songs too that remind us of funny memories together!

Our playlist:

- Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder - Together In Electric Dreams
                            - Michelle McManus - All This Time
                            - The Chemical Brothers - Swoon
                            - El Chombo - Chacarron Macarron (an example of an 'amusing' song haha)
                            - El Chombo - El Gato Volador (and again)
                            - Ellie Goulding - Army
                            - Verka Serduchka - Dancing Lasha Tumbai
                            - Jack Johnson - Better Together
                            - The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
                            - Roger Sanchez - Another Chance
                            - Disclosure ft. Lorde - Magnets
                            - Mike Oldfield ft. Maggie Reilly - Moonlight Shadow
                            - Mike Oldfield & Cara Dillon - Man In The Rain
                            - SOFI TUKKER - Matadora
                            - Tulsi Kumar & Neeraj Shridhar - Love Mera Mera Hit Hit
                            - Madonna - Frozen
                            - O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
                            - Grease - You're The One That I Want
                            - The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
                            - Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss
                            - Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
                            - Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Rather Be
                            - Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris - We Found Love
                            - Lady Gaga - So Happy I Could Die
                            - Craig David x Big Narstie - When The Bassline Drops
                            - The Swiss - Kiss to Kiss
                            - Darius Campbell - Colourblind
                            - Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
                            - Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
                            - WSTRN - In2
                            - Rihanna ft. Drake - Work
                            Last edited by JadeW97; March 21, 2016, 12:45 PM.
                            02.01.16 <3

Comment

These always make me think of him:

Gym Class Heroes- Ass Back Home
                              Miguel- Simple Things

Comment

Stolen Dance by Milky Chance!

Love this question! Definitely Stolen Dance by Milky Chance

Comment

Working...
                                X