making love letter satchels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making love letter satchels

I have a how-to guide now available on the site for Love Letter Satchels.

I figured it was about time to put it up because I've been getting a lot of orders with Valentine's Day around the corner, and lots of people want custom fabrics and everything, which I can't manage right now.

They aren't that hard to make, you just need a good plan. It was a lot of guess work when I first started making them. But with all my trials and errors in the beginning, I think this is a pretty good plan!

There's really a lot you could do to customize your satchels. Use your own fabrics (you wouldn't even have to buy fabric if you have some old clothes you don't care for anymore), print out iron-on pictures and apply them to the satchel, use different closures such as buttons and clasps, you can bedazzle them, use glitzy fabric paints like these:

I'm sure you all could probably think of even more ideas then I ever could.

You don't need a sewing machine, though it does make it a lot easier and faster, but there is nothing too complicated that you couldn't do with just a simple needle and thread.

Here's the link: https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...rsatchels.html
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Awesome. Thanks so much Michelle. I appreciate you and all that you do.

I might TRY to make a satchel one day, but until then I will be glad to have you do it. I love them. The are beautiful. You have a great talent!

Thank you.
    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Awesome. Thanks so much Michelle. I appreciate you and all that you do.

I might TRY to make a satchel one day, but until then I will be glad to have you do it. I love them. The are beautiful. You have a great talent!

Thank you.
      Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

I really think thats a very sweet idea! I wish i thought of that years ago because i would but everything in a shoe box but now these days i am really into scrapbook and i make a scrapbook of all the things and pictures

Comment

I made one using card bored and fabric and fabric glue. Probably not as good as yours but it'll have to do lol.
          " There is always hope.
          "

Comment

Really good idea!!! would love to try it one day!!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks!!! If I only had the talent to make them as professional looking and as cute as you make them!

Comment

How beautiful I may indeed try my hand at this at some point; I've always enjoyed working with textiles and suchlike. Many thanks for making the guide available!

Comment

I made one of my own design out of some fabric I had previously bought to make a stuffed animal for my boyfriend. It came out really cute and because it wasn't stiff, I was able to fold it up and send it to my boyfriend with a friend of mine when she went to Peru. He keeps all my letters in there now. !
                  Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                  Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                  Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

wow , a wonderful idea, i'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
                    X