Say YES to the Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say YES to the Dress

Yes, this does refer to the addicting, secret pleasure of the TLC show, Say Yes to Dress.
    Which dress is your favorite? Atlanta, Big Bliss? Season, episode? Give it to me! I don't think girls admit that they watch it, but let's be serious, we all do!

I watched the original series, and I still do, sometimes. I love having a drink and pointing and laughing. Some of the dresses are gorgeous, but some of the families are crazy, and spend so much on a dress that it makes me lol. Sorry, but $20k for a dress is insane for a middle-income family. I know they have higher cost of living in NYC so that partially contributes, but I also can't imagine spending a downpayment on a house on a dress.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I have to say I really like when the people on there have a super high "budget". That way they pull really pretty, ornate, crazy dresses.

Comment

I really enjoyed watching that show when I was in the US My mom and I would just lounge around and comment on all the girls/families/dresses. It's so fun!! But I wasn't super addicted, so I have no idea which dress or season is my favorite.

ps, If anyone knows where I can watch it online....let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
          ps, If anyone knows where I can watch it online....let me know!
          I have SCOURED the internet trying to find free places to watch (I have no TV and was really missing it!) Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere that had full episodes, just 2 min clips. But I just got a netflix which has all seasons on online streaming! Can you use a netflix account in France?

Comment

I record this show EVERY Friday! I have no shame in my addiction to this show. Also, My Fair Wedding with David Tutera! I REALLY want to be on his show and I love him! He is magical!

In terms of Say Yes To The Dress, I've only seen a few episodes of the Atlanta version and I kind of like it, but nothing beats Randy at Kleinfeld! I just adore everything about the original. In terms of dresses, I do enjoy watching the brides with the crazy-money-out-their-ass budgets. My jaw drops when I hear their "limit" or lack of a limit, but I like to see if the dresses are hits or misses. There have been some that I'll be like, "I would NEVER pay that much money for THAT!" but then some of them just make me melt. It is a guilty pleasure

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              I have SCOURED the internet trying to find free places to watch (I have no TV and was really missing it!) Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere that had full episodes, just 2 min clips. But I just got a netflix which has all seasons on online streaming! Can you use a netflix account in France?
              Sadly, you can't use netflix outside of the US. I definitely tried to do that before because my mom has netflix and I got denied. Boooo I'm so bummed, I was really in the mood to watch that!

Comment

I record this show every friday. Love,love,love it! ♥

I love seeing the smiles on the brides faces when they find the perfect dress! One day that will be me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                  Netflix has this! Oh my god...have to go find it now and start watching I loved watching the original series but I no longer have cable, so I don't get to watch it any longer. ITunes had the series premiere of Atlanta for free and I downloaded it to check it out and I just love Southern brides and their families, partly because I am a technically southern girl. Gotta go - headed to netflix!

Comment

Hulu has it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah9908 View Post
                      Hulu has it as well
                      Aghhhh Hulu is blocked out of the US too. You people in America are living the good life

Comment

I definitely watch whenever I can catch it!! I only have seen the original season.. I think it's the NYC one?? I SOO want to go there when I get engaged and meet Randy - love him!
                        Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Stumbled across it the other day and its a definite guilty pleasure!
                          Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Who else?
                            I've got say, I watch 1/2 of it ONLY because of Randy Fenoli <3 He's just TO good!

Comment

I love this show. Whenever I see it on, I watch it even if I've seen it before. Some of the budgets they have are ridiculous. Like someone said earlier, I also love My fair wedding with David Tuterra. I love him. I wish I could be on his show. =]

Comment

Working...
                              X