Closed the distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed the distance

we ended our long distance relationship on december 5th, 2010 when I landed in Singapore.
    7999miles away.

It was 2 years of long distancing and what a long journey that was.
    The big fights and the wondering is it ever gonna happen. Well it did.
    There are still fights but they dun feel like it would tear us apart as the fights we had from afar.

Although moving here was quite a big sacrifice.. I miss a ant free, lizard free, mosquito free, cockroach free house... ;(

Congratulations on closing the distance. I hope you're able to get the house issues sorted.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

me and my boyfreind had been together nearly a year then he goes to university on the other side of the country... we instantly knew we would struggle a lot with him being so far away. we went from seeing eachother every day to barely speaking a week its a understatement saying it has been tough but while hes been working his butt off getting his grades i came up with a plan... i enrolled at a college near him and asked a family member who lives in a town near my boyfreinds uni if i would be able to rent a room and live there... i did it, i sorted it all out i got a course that ill enjoy and ill be moving in january... giving him his time to settle down and make new freinds and me time to raise funds and find a volenteer job as a lifeguard on the beach. ive visited him once and instantly fell in love with the area he lives in and instantly felt at home. itll be hard moving at the age of 18 and uprooting so far from my family but i feel like some things are worth the risk and he definately is. together we have acheived so much and im his longest relationship by far and hes coming close to being mine... this new chapter in my life will definately be a page turner <3 this website helped a lot and still is without it i wouldnt of had a clue what i was getting in to. Thank you so much

Comment

So it may not be my closing the distance story but it is one that affects me greatly.
        In 1950-something a man was deployed for war, he got few letters from family and friends. He then started receiving letters from a lady who lived a few towns over that he'd never met. They started talking all that they could. We he came from deployment he met this lady for the first time, two weeks later they got married. They had a strong marriage that lasted 50 years at the time that he passed away, although she still remains devoted to her husband. They had 4 children, 18 grandchildren, and 10+ great-grandchildren. I want a marriage like theirs and I hope my LDR turns out half as well as theirs did.
        Love ya mama and papa <3

Comment

Holy shit, pardon my French, but that's a story if I've heard one, khowell.

Comment

Working...
          X