Cruise vs. Seeing My SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise vs. Seeing My SO

So my aunt called us(me and my twin sister) and told us that she had plans to take us on a cruise over spring break. I have never been on a cruise before but I had already made my plans that week to go see me SO.
    what would you do in this situation?
    Im choosing to go see my so.

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Is there any other week you could go on the cruise? It's such a lovely offer, but if your plans are made, I would also go see my SO..
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

I think that my choice would depend a lot on the situation...like how often I see him and where I am financially.
      Last edited by mllebamako; February 12, 2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

It would depend on different things- how often I get to see my SO, how often I get to see this aunt, how badly do I really want to go on this cruise...

But I know that if it were me, and if I chose the cruise, all I'd be thinking during that week would be "I could be in his arms right now... but I'm not." I'd not enjoy the cruise as much because of it, and would regret being stuck on a boat so far away from him!

Also, if I already had plans in place to see him that week, it would basically mean bumping the plans with him in favor of an aunt/the cruise... which wouldn't seem fair!

I'd have to choose my SO as well!
        We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

If "plans to see SO" equals non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be used at a later date tickets, then I would go see SO. However, if those tickets to SO can be used another time, considering the generous offer from my aunt and to keep peace in the family, I'd go on the cruise.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I dont really care much about the cruise, I get to see my aunt and family all the time. We all live pretty close. I havent seen my SO since jan 2nd and it want be till april 3rd till spring break.

Comment

I would go see my SO UNLESS he could come and go on a cruise with me (and the $ taht I was gonna spend to go see him, I would help him out with to come see me and go on a cruise)

Comment

I would see my SO in a heart beat

Comment

Since you see your family fairly regularly, and it's not a "one visit every 15 years" kind of deal, I'd see your SO. Besides, there's always another cruise.
                  LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                  Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                  Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

you have your whole life to go on a cruise, and with your SO! i'd go see him, for sure.

Comment

if you already made plans to go see him then do that, there are gonna be other times for cruises

Comment

I would go see my SO. I'm not a big fan of being on a ship in the middle of the ocean haha

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                        - A. A. Milne

Comment

Thanks guys. Goin to see my SO makes me so happy. Not a cruise

Comment

I get seasick. I'd visit my SO.
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                            X