Fave South East Asian Holiday Destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fave South East Asian Holiday Destination

I love traveling. Since i was young my dad took me and my sisters traveling around Indonesia. I've been travel to most of cities in Sumatra Island, Java and Bali. And still there are plenty more places to go to!

When i was working, i start to go abroad. My first destination for my solo backpacking-or budget traveling was Malaysia and Singapore.

I was addicted. Soon i did the same, to Singapore and that time also Thailand. I went from Krabi, Phuket, Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

So far my fave holiday was in Thailand-Krabi and Phuket was the best.

I can't forget the first time i was snorkeling in Andaman sea i was amazing! also things are very cheap in thailand. I could get a luxurious room for 300 baht or below us$10 and i don't need visa to stay in Thailand for 30 days!

I found Thailand is romantic place to go to with your SO. I've been to Bali, and i didn't pick it as my top best holiday because first it was touristy, 2nd its more expensive these days, that i pay more to get to bali rather than to Thailand (yepp..) also maybe because the culture quiet familiar so... nah.. Phuket islands are amazing too.. clean white sandy beaches... not so crowded... oh gosh...

Do you have any SE Asian gateway? place that you wish you could bring your SO to?

My favourite so far has been Taman Negara in Malaysia. I am actually bringing my boyfriend there when we go on our backpacking trip. (: I also have very fond memories of my vacations in Vietnam and Cambodia and I'm hoping to revisit the places I went to while backpacking.

Comment

I love Perhentian Islands in Malaysia. They are beautiful islands with no cars! Very quiet and peaceful. The water is especially nice and clear since they are on the East side of Malaysia. The snorkeling was amazing.

I'm going to Bali in a week, so I'll have to report back. I'm sure I'll love it--any place that gets me out of the city for a few days is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Élan View Post
        I love Perhentian Islands in Malaysia. They are beautiful islands with no cars! Very quiet and peaceful. The water is especially nice and clear since they are on the East side of Malaysia. The snorkeling was amazing.

I'm going to Bali in a week, so I'll have to report back. I'm sure I'll love it--any place that gets me out of the city for a few days is great.
        I was in Bali recently and it turned out to be quite different from what I had expected. It has become an extremely touristy area, even outside of their more populated areas. Everything's rather expensive, even food, and outdoorsy activities. I think some of the other islands (eg. Lombok) offer the same great appeals, sun, sand, surf, etc. for a lower price and a closer experience with the locals.

Comment

Everytime my fiancé visits me here, I make sure I will tour him in our tourist spots. So far he enjoyed every place we went to like Coron, Palawan and Boracay Island. I wish the next time he drops by I can bring him to Panglao island in Bohol because he has been dying to see the Tarsier and the beach. ��
          Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

uniquefem! I'm also am a travelling lover and love to explore new places. My most favorite places are New York, Las Vegas, London and Paris. I'm in love with all the places, and really like to visit around these places. These all are beautiful places to see. Each of them has a different attractions which attracts you it.

Comment

Victoriaa! These all are also my favorite places of this continent. In fact London is one of my most beloved places and I love to go there again and again. Can you share the name of your most favorite places of New York? Actually I am going there to celebrate the New Year Eve there and want to know the best places of this region.

Comment

Working...
              X