Anniversary Gift and Birthday Gift Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary Gift and Birthday Gift Troubles

I still have the first anniversary gift and his birthday gift to go. For Valentine's Day, I did send him the special underwear and hand-made him a valentine--that worked out well and he really liked it.

For the anniversary, I was pretty set on getting a favourite photo of us developed and putting it in a frame (I probably would get a standard-sized frame and maybe even the regular photo size), as I thought it would be meaningful, relationship-related, and not too terribly expensive, plus the small size is kind of nice because he can keep it on his night table not have to find a place to hang a massive frame. Whatever I do, I need to get it off ASAP, because our anniversary is on the 12th/ 13th! Now that he's paid so much for the ticket for the visit and also sent me a very extravagant bouquet for Valentine's Day, I feel like my idea is kind of lame. What do you think? I can't really think of anything else at this late date and need to be saving $ for the visit.

As for his birthday (which is near the beginning of April), I'm really at a loss and need some help. Again, something nice, useful, easy to send, and reasonably priced is necessary. The only lead I have, really, is that he hinted awhile ago that he likes the Canadian magazine called The Walrus, wondered if he should get a subscription and sent me to the website to look at it. A year is about $30, so that is within what is reasonable. It would have to be his main present, though, and then I would feel kind of bad that there isn't anything to wrap up and send and the magazine may not come exactly for his birthday. Another possible idea, I guess, is that, since we are visiting in mid-April, I can try and get tickets to some sort of symphony or ballet there for us to see. I think that would be cool and I would feel okay about letting him wait until later for his gift, but tickets for both of us could get pretty pricey and last time I looked, it seemed like the symphony and ballet were between seasons. Two Ideas, I guess...neither are ideal and I am feeling stumped!

I want to make gift for my bf, but we are too far away, so I think I will just add into my family tree on a cute website... he will appreciate that a lot especially that we will become one family soon.

Comment

Have you ever tried Personalization Mall? My SO sent me a puzzle of a picture of us for valentines day from this site. i love it. I put it together and framed it. Good luck!

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
      X